• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Two wake fball players suspended

Fair enough. Wanted to see the reaction to something, and it wasn't taken well. I'll stop.

So, and I'm using a hypothetical here, the female golf player from Hollywood, CA that grew up going to private schools should be held to the same standard as the football player that grew up in Miami, FL in a much different setting?

I'm not saying it's right, and I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished. However the "3-strike rule" as it's commonly referred to as is tough to implement to different people across the board under the same set of rules that come from very different backgrounds.

Absolutely they should be held to the same standard.

Different individuals may warrant different punishment. This shouldn't be controversial.

The punishment should be at a level to prevent the reoccurrence of the act by the player and to prevent anyone else from doing the same. It probably was something that Clawson told them directly not to do. It could be a DUI, weed, assault, or blowing off class and flunking summer school. He wasn't dismissed, but the next guy to do whatever Anderson did, will get a harsher punishment.

If you've got two kids each caught for smoking pot and one is contrite and one isn't, seems like you could impose different punishments fairly.

Also could have the same clean record but one is generally more difficult to work with and a mediocre student or may not respond well to harsh punishments. Just seems like the coach should have some flexibility.

I think punishments should be doled out based on how good the athlete is. If they're not a starter or important role player, fucking, suspend them for half the season. If they're important, slap on the wrist.

I think punishments should be doled out based on how good the athlete is. If they're not a starter or important role player, fucking, suspend them for half the season. If they're important, slap on the wrist.

Well, yeah.

Let's apply this to the real world and murder. Well he is only getting 5 years because he didn't know better, but that white rich guy is getting the needle.

I mean how would you even regulate a system like that Strick?

I think a sport-by-sport and player-by-player basis would be better rather than 1 ultimate rule over the entire athletic department.

The substitute host on the David Glenn Show started the hour by mocking Larry Fedoroa for just taking a guy off "indefinite suspension" on conveniently the day preseason practice starts, and followed up with "and meanwhile, down I40 West" and went on to say how Clawson popped 2 guys for 1 and 5 games respectively. His point being that usually "indefinite suspension" implies a long time/perhaps permanent, but in UNC's case it is just a convenience to avoid handing down a real punishment.

I think a sport-by-sport and player-by-player basis would be better rather than 1 ultimate rule over the entire athletic department.

So which sports get to smoke weed, and which ones only get to drink during the season?

You guys are just too dumb to wrap your head around anything but a mandatory minimum environment

FEDERAL SENTENCING GUIDELINES FOR THE WIN!!!!!

Back