• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tyler Cavanaugh Commits to Wake

So I guess this means we're back to dealing with a "big" class cycle in recruiting. That sort of sucks. I was hoping we could even that out a bit.

With our recent history of transfers, head cases, and general attrition, I'm not too concerned.

With our recent history of transfers, head cases, and general attrition, I'm not too concerned.
That's not supposed to happen with "new culture". Count me concerned.

I wish him well. I apoligize for lumping a critique of Bzz's recruiting ability with a welcome to a new player. I think Tyler is going to love Wake Forest.

nice recruiting victory in a battle against ND and Syracuse. Its good to know Bzz can go head to head against other major schools and get a commit

Duncan was a "project." If Tyler has the ability to learn the game anywhere near Duncan he could be very solid for us.

I don't know, you think? ;)

Welcome Tyler! You won't regret it. We Deacs love our school thick or thin and we look forward to having you enter into the story.

I believe this is the first time he has done so.

Buzz is such a piece of shit, its hard not to let my hatred of him taint otherwise good news. Welcome Tyler! You will love Wake. Hopefully we get you a real coach soon.

Buzz is such a piece of shit, its hard not to let my hatred of him taint otherwise good news. Welcome Tyler! You will love Wake. Hopefully we get you a real coach soon.

Wow...

WOW......I thought your were a piece of work on the old board. this post takes it to an entirely new level.

Attention whore.

Jeff Borzello of CBS tweeted that, while he'd rather have Janko, that Cav is the tougher of the two.

VaDeac said:
Attention whore.

Jeff Borzello of CBS tweeted that, while he'd rather have Janko, that Cav is the tougher of the two.

Sounds like he fits our need better. We must improve our interior D. Toughness was a big question re: Jankovic, wasn't it?

Sounds like he fits our need better. We must improve our interior D. Toughness was a big question re: Jankovic, wasn't it?

It was, but it also came into question in Cav's outdated ESPN bio, which is why I brought it up.

Buzz is such a , its hard not to let my hatred of him taint otherwise good news. Welcome Tyler! You will love Wake. Hopefully we get you a real coach soon.

Pinochadeac is a bad fan and a bad person. Ban his sorry @$$.

Agreed. There's no place for that garbage.

I'll repost my question from the other recruiting thread, though:

Do we recruit Moto and fill six scholarships? Moto fills a need. He's more athletic than Travis and can be the kind of slash and shoot presence we haven't had since that half-season of Trent Strickland double-double dominance...

Agreed. There's no place for that garbage.

I'll repost my question from the other recruiting thread, though:

Do we recruit Moto and fill six scholarships? Moto fills a need. He's more athletic than Travis and can be the kind of slash and shoot presence we haven't had since that half-season of Trent Strickland double-double dominance...

I think you take Moto level talent any year you can sign it.

Deacfreke2, I think you misquoted me. Please go back and correct it.

Also, I don't think I have had the pleasure of meeting you so not sure how can judge me as a person.

Don't get mad at me for stating facts:

1. This is the first time that Jeff [Redacted] has beaten another school head to head for a recruit. Previously we have taken the offer early, hope they blow up approach that Jim Grobe employs. One day he may even beat an ACC school head to head for a recruit.
2. Buzz is a terrible coach. Please find me something in his resume that disproves this statement.
3. Wake Forest is a GREAT school. Thus, Tyler should love it.

Can Moto hit 3s? can he play SG?

Trent had great physical abilities, but give me Travis every time.

Deacfreke2, I think you misquoted me. Please go back and correct it.

Also, I don't think I have had the pleasure of meeting you so not sure how can judge me as a person.

Don't get mad at me for stating facts:

1. This is the first time that Jeff [Redacted] has beaten another school head to head for a recruit. Previously we have taken the offer early, hope they blow up approach that Jim Grobe employs. One day he may even beat an ACC school head to head for a recruit.

totally ignorant BS. First of all, Syracuse IS an ACC school and a probably a Top 5-7 team. Plus it's his local school. Just go away.

Back