• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

I haven't seen much mentioned about this being a non-conference game. was hoping a national writer would take this on, as I'm assuming this is the first time in the expansion era (or ever?).

Don't know about the coaching staff and team, but now I'm feeling immense pressure over tomorrow's game. In my office I'm the only Wake fan, probably 20% Holes, and the other 80% ECU/State/Duke/APP but mostly HATE the Holes They all know I'm going to the game tomorrow; lot's of stopping by my door comments like "those assholes are getting too big for their britches; you've (accent on "you"; I swear they think the outcome rides on my fandom) GOT to take them out! "

Last edited:
Don't know about the coaching staff and team, but now I'm feeling immense pressure over tomorrow's game. In my office I'm the only Wake fan, probably 20% Holes, and the other 80% ECU/State/Duke/APP but mostly HATE the Holes They all know I'm going to the game tomorrow; lot's of stopping by my door comments like "those assholes are getting too big for their britches; you've (accent on "you"; I swear they think the outcome rides on my fandom) GOT to take them out! "

Well, you do. You’ve got to do your part. Come on DownEastDeac, bring us home the victory!

A lot of hype on Inside Carolina about their running backs. Yet, they are averaging 3.8 yards per carry to our 4.1. Rice is the worst team either has played, so I'll give them that. But a lot of shit talking about a group averaging under 4 and how they will run all day on us.

A lot of hype on Inside Carolina about their running backs. Yet, they are averaging 3.8 yards per carry to our 4.1. Rice is the worst team either has played, so I'll give them that. But a lot of shit talking about a group averaging under 4 and how they will run all day on us.

its a group of unc fans...logic is hardly ever used

those stats aren't right.
Javonte Williams: 28 carries for 178 yards (6.4 ypc)
Michael Carter: 27 carries for 107 yards (3.9 ypc)
Antonio Williams: 6 carries for 58 yards (9.6 ypc)

My experience is this. UNC doesn't give a shit about Wake Forest, especially the last several years. My UNC friends, now on Thursday, have finally done at least minimal research. It's pretty much....I had no idea how good your program has become. No idea of your facilities. No idea about your kick ass coach. No idea we play fast. No idea we have to date an elite QB. No idea Cutliffe is over hyped and his team's generally suck. No idea Wake has won five straight away games. NO FUCKING IDEA.

My experience is this. UNC doesn't give a shit about Wake Forest, especially the last several years. My UNC friends, now on Thursday, have finally done at least minimal research. It's pretty much....I had no idea how good your program has become. No idea of your facilities. No idea about your kick ass coach. No idea we play fast. No idea we have to date an elite QB. No idea Cutliffe is over hyped and his team's generally suck. No idea Wake has won five straight away games. NO FUCKING IDEA.

probably why we had to schedule them out-of-conference. been too damn long.

The effects of expansion on the minds of Walmart Fandom.

UNCs RBs average 5.5 yds/carry which gets taken down to 3.8 yds/carry when you factor in their QBs 22 carries for effectively 0 yards. Good thing is you can focus on RBs and not have to worry about Sam running the ball.

Playing the stats game to our advantage - Cade and Walker average 7 yards per carry so our 2 are better than theirs!

I've had a similar experience. They seem completely oblivious to anything outside of chapel hill. They just assume that since their players were ranked slightly higher than ours when they were juniors in high school, then Wake must be trash. They make excuse after excuse about their defensive woes being due to coaching and injuries, while having no idea that Wake had as many if not more injuries and a DC get fired. Also the assumption that they will be the best defense Wake has faced is not automatically true. David Woodward at USU is better than anybody on their defense. Rice held Army to 14 and Wake scores 41 without Carney or Hinton.

Also, don't waste your breath on the Galloway and Bateman being known cheaters. It will blow by their ears like the wind and they wont acknowledge that you said anything.

I just hate 'em, I really frickin hate 'em.

Can someone pls tell me if you're allowed to park on Baity Street on gameday (ie tomorrow night)? Thanks

I don't know how anyone who watched the USU game isn't worried about the run D

I'm worried about the defense as a whole. It seems like if they commit to stopping the run, then they get exposed in the passing game. It seems like they can only do one at a time.

It's not much to go on but we held Rice to 67 yards on 37 carries. They had 187 yards in 30 carries vs. Army who held Michigan to 108 yards in 45 carries the next week.

So there's an argument that our run D improved.

Back