• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

The line has been steady at Wake -3. The O/U has gone up from 62 to 66.

Definitely some concern overall on the defense. I'm more concerned about the secondary and Utah State's offense is potent (pass and rush) which is a large part of why they did dice up our front. Great test tomorrow to see where we stand on both sides of the ball but specifically the defense against another top 50 offense (Utah State ranked 17th - UNC ranked 41st in SP+...Rice ranked 120th and we allowed 14 points before the game was salted away)

My biggest concern is our lack of pass rush. We got a handful of sacks against Rice but we weren't getting to the QB as consistently as I would have expected against a team like Rice. We should have dominated there.

UNC's QB may have showed out so far, but he's still a freshman. If we can get after him early and often, that will go a long way in taking him out of the game. Not to mention the knock on benefit of pressure on the QB relieving some of the pressure on our secondary, who has looked... questionable thus far.

I have to believe the offense will find success. Aside from missing our starting slot receiver, we should be just fine. The big question is if we can keep UNC out of the end zone enough.

Turnovers may be the difference maker here.

Also Howell's first road game. Even with a healthy UNC crowd there, it should be a loud environment and different challenge.

Also Howell's first road game. Even with a healthy UNC crowd there, it should be a loud environment and different challenge.

This is true. I was shocked with how few fans (and fans in general) were at the game in Charlotte. On TV, it looked like there were 15,000 empty seats easy and a higher percentage of blue than expected. I was at the UT/WVU game last year, and it was a complete sell out in hotter weather.

This is true. I was shocked with how few fans (and fans in general) were at the game in Charlotte. On TV, it looked like there were 15,000 empty seats easy and a higher percentage of blue than expected. I was at the UT/WVU game last year, and it was a complete sell out in hotter weather.

From what I saw, there were way more SC fans than UNC fans. Not a true road game, but certainly not a home atmosphere. And there will be plenty of UNC fans there tomorrow.

From what I saw, there were way more SC fans than UNC fans. Not a true road game, but certainly not a home atmosphere. And there will be plenty of UNC fans there tomorrow.

Yeah, I expect there to be more UNC fans there than Wake to be honest. Its getting frighteningly close to two decades since I graduated... Is there still that house that flies a UNC flag just outside the campus gates on the Silas Creek side?

That always drove me nuts, but pretty well sums up where Wake sits in the non-alumni fandom pecking order in NC.

I don't know how anyone who watched the USU game isn't worried about the run D

I don't understand where the confidence comes from in general. Seems like our offense has been good if a bit unimaginative so far this season, and our defense has generally been mediocre to bad.

Offense is top 30 in the country adjusted for strength of opponent and we have a lot of athleticism on that side of the ball. Likely the major driving confidence force.

Last time we played Carolina and we won. We knocked their QB out cold on the goal line. I actually saw his eyes roll back into his head. It was a vicious hit. He was on his back for about 10 minutes and ended up returning to the game to lead UNC to a loss.

Last time we played Carolina and we won. We knocked their QB out cold on the goal line. I actually saw his eyes roll back into his head. It was a vicious hit. He was on his back for about 10 minutes and ended up returning to the game to lead UNC to a loss.

Completely forgot about that. Fedora is just a horrible coach and person. Should have been suspended or fired immediately for putting him back in.

https://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/9/10/3308043/bryn-renner-concussion-north-carolina-football

My favorite WF-UNCheat memory was the "Comeback at Kenan" in 2001. Down 24-0 at the half and James MacPherson and Company brought us all the way back to a 32-21 victory. Got engaged to my future bride after the game to cap off a great day.

My favorite WF-UNCheat memory was the "Comeback at Kenan" in 2001. Down 24-0 at the half and James MacPherson and Company brought us all the way back to a 32-21 victory. Got engaged to my future bride after the game to cap off a great day.

I was there also. I remember sitting next to Fabian Davis' mom. She was hyped up and super friendly. IIRC, Fabian made a couple of plays during that comeback. All around awesome memory. I think Chris Barclay was a young guy on that team...might be mistaken about that.

Completely forgot about that. Fedora is just a horrible coach and person. Should have been suspended or fired immediately for putting him back in.

https://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/9/10/3308043/bryn-renner-concussion-north-carolina-football

But then how was he gonna give his squad championship rings after "winning" their division despite taking L's to Wake and Duke that season. I guess when you're ineligible to make the postseason you can make up whatever kind of awards you wish. Gawd I want nothing more than to bring these Cheats back down to earth tomorrow night.

Back