• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

That shot of Peppers down on one knee during the game winning drive is burned into my memory.

THIS!!! Would love to see us wear them out tomorrow night like we did back then!

In football UVa-UNC is a legit rivalry, second-most played matchup in CFB. Similar schools and whatnot. Kinda like Clemson-State

My grandmother was a huge UVA fan. She and one of her friends went to the UVA-UNC game every year (home and away, rain or shine) until she was about 80. I’m guessing they may have taken some bourbon too.

Let's get some predictions going.

I expect both offenses to come out clicking early with each team taking a couple shots downfield to test the opposing secondary. UNC is going to look to establish the interior run as they have in their first two games and Wake needs to make sure that they aren't able to force the safeties to start playing up. Similarly, I think we will rely on a heavy dose of Carney to open up some quick hitters across the middle. I think Wake gets an early stop and good field position due to UNC's poor punting with a chance to jump up two scores in the first half.

Ultimately, I think this game comes down to which defense is able to string together back to back stops in the second half and protecting the football. These teams are evenly matched on paper which makes turnovers an even bigger game changer that normal. That said, I like Newman's experience and Wake's home field advantage to close out the Goats with a big stop late in the fourth when Howell attempts to string together a third straight comeback.

Wake wins 38-31.

For those of us Wake fans who get uneasy when the majority of the media and posters on here are picking the Deacs to win, Mark May and Lou Holtz both pick UNC to win by 4 and 5 respectively on their YouTube channel.

Yeah, UNC-UVA is a pretty underrated rivalry in my opinion. Though thats coming from the perspective who has multiple UVA grads in his family. So it could be more one sided than mutual.

Wake 35 - 24

I think our defense steps up in a big game in front of the home crowd and gets after the freshman QB. The offense continues to do what the offense does.

I mean dumb UNC fans might not care about Wake Forest, but the school cared enough to schedule this as an OOC game. So talks of it not being a rivalry are absolutely false.

I'll go with 34-31 Deacs. UNC scores a TD with a minute or so to go but doesn't get the onside kick.

https://tacobjurner.wordpress.com/2018/12/20/brown-on-wakeyleaks-bateman-galloway/

Here’s what Brown had to say about Bateman and Galloway’s involvement:

“I’ve been the president of the American Football Coaches Association, I was head of the ethics committee and I vetted those guys very, very carefully when it happened. They’re two of the people with the most integrity I’ve ever seen in my life, both of them.

“I think what they did was they got some information from a guy, everybody probably in college football’s done the same thing, and it just so happens that there’s got public. There’s a whole lot of sharing information that goes on in college football I can assure you that.

“So, I had no questions about either one of them when they came and I’ve got even less questions now.”

Back