• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

The Rivalry. 40 years ago Wake was highly ranked as a regional University in US News. Half of us were from NC and most had also applied to UNC in case we didn't get in Wake. We all called them "The Safety School". We all had gotten accepted there. Today we are ahead of them as a Nationally ranked University and they are still " The Safety School". So historically, the beat goes on. Fuck 'em.

14-14 at the end of the 1st quarter. Deacs up 28-21 at the half. Deacs win 48-31 after the Holes get a garbage TD.

Last edited:
I'm worried about our depth on defense. So, I see a shoot out and overtime. We'll kick a FG they'll score a TD, and I'll have to go out and buy a new TV on Saturday after I put my foot through the screen.

Feel like we haven't quite gotten that marquee win in the Clawson era. Blowing out a UNC team that has beaten two P5 teams on ESPN might just fit the bill. Let's goooo!!!!

Feel like we haven't quite gotten that marquee win in the Clawson era. Blowing out a UNC team that has beaten two P5 teams on ESPN might just fit the bill. Let's goooo!!!!

other than beating a ranked State on the road?

Yep, I was in the cow college stands that night and it was a marquee win.... not to mention fun! :)

Both the 2017 and 2018 State wins felt marquee to me.

This one would be sweet because of the vomitus UNC/"Mack is Back" love-fest. At the end of the year, I don't think UNC will be viewed as anything other than mediocre.

the Duke win last year was special in that we were double digit dogs, even though it didn't have really any national interest

Both the 2017 and 2018 State wins felt marquee to me.

This one would be sweet because of the vomitus UNC/"Mack is Back" love-fest. At the end of the year, I don't think UNC will be viewed as anything other than mediocre.

Would really like to see Wake start them down the path to mediocrity with a convincing win. I would prefer that Wake's defense make Howell ineffective, as opposed to knocking him out of the game.

Yeah. If that's not a marquee win, Clemson is the only possible marquee win on our schedule.

Just take care of business. One win every week Wake plays. More Newman "successful business meeting" handshakes.

Looks like the game has been moved from CBS Sports to ESPN.

Back