• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

If Carney can stay healthy. I love Cade and I hate it for him but I think the label “injury prone” fits. I’m not sure it’s wise to develop an offensive scheme/identity that assumes he’s available.
Seems there is a top secret plan to get Carney a red shirt year.

Baffling? He clearly stepped on the line and was out. Missed by inches but clearly missed.

It was definitely not clearly. Actually just rewatching game and slo mo the play and clearly looks like he got toe down first with heel then hitting out which believe is a td. At a minimum worth a review.

It was definitely not clearly. Actually just rewatching game and slo mo the play and clearly looks like he got toe down first with heel then hitting out which believe is a td. At a minimum worth a review.

No. If any part of the foot is out of bounds - the player is out of bounds.

the biggest puzzle to me was definitely the clock management. even on our very last drive we consistently snapped then all with over 15 seconds on the play clock. obviously pace is a huge component to our offense but if you are going to play more conservatively seems obvious to also milk the clock.

also i don’t want to overreact bc i may have said the same thing about josh harris, but walker might be the most impressive all-around runner we’ve had in a long time. i bet vision is one thing that’s the hardest to evaluate in recruits.

I’m pretty sure the final decision by the refs was that they called forward motion had stopped BEFORE the foot stepped on the line. Essentially making it an in bounds tackle. After that, it doesn’t matter that is foot stepped on the line. Clock will run. Such a smart play by Strnad to hold him (I think it was him). If he keeps playing the way he is there will be talk of him being a first round pick. He’s got an all around solid, versatile game

The clock should have stopped for the 1st down but they would have needed to spike it.

The veteran QB move would have been to slap down the batted pass, complete a short pass on 4th down, clock stops for the timeout, spike the ball, take a Hail Mary shot.

I’m pretty sure the final decision by the refs was that they called forward motion had stopped BEFORE the foot stepped on the line. Essentially making it an in bounds tackle. After that, it doesn’t matter that is foot stepped on the line. Clock will run. Such a smart play by Strnad to hold him (I think it was him). If he keeps playing the way he is there will be talk of him being a first round pick. He’s got an all around solid, versatile game

This is right. Forward progress was stopped in bounds so the clock continues to run. He picked up a first down, but the clock doesn't stop until the ref signals it to. The referee signaled the play dead in bounds with one second left and the clock ran out. Sucks to suck.

Unfortunately, I had to work during the game [followed the score and recorded the actual game tho]

A friend of mine who's generally unbiased as he's a total California Pro Sports guy, watched the game and texted me to mention he's certain Strnad and Sage are going to be Pros.

Granted, tiny sample size and anecdotal as all hell, but hey... Piratedeac might not be wrong.

The clock should have stopped for the 1st down but they would have needed to spike it.

The veteran QB move would have been to slap down the batted pass, complete a short pass on 4th down, clock stops for the timeout, spike the ball, take a Hail Mary shot.

Alternatively, the ball carrier on the last play could have made a beeline OB instead of trying to mash around the R stick on the sideline for like 4 seconds. Great decision by Strnad to grab him and dance with him.

That may be Clawson's reasoning ... but last night he was completely wrong about it. Should have done the old get set, then everyone stand up and look at the sideline again at 6 more times in the 4th quarter. It almost cost us the game. He doesn't have to snap the ball at 1 second ... maybe at 5 or 6 seconds. But 29 seconds is inexcusable.

The second half was like watching pain dry. Excrutiating. Since I couldn’t get there until the 2nd qtr, I didn’t get much WF for my money. Next time we’re up 21-3 at half, it will be tempting to leave. Enjoyed winning the game, but UNC won the parts of the game I saw.

Can’t spike it with fewer than 3 seconds on clock. Even if they had stopped the clock to move the chains I put the odds of them lining up and snapping it perfectly in the one second after the chains are set at zero percent. As I said earlier, fuck em.

Can’t spike it with fewer than 3 seconds on clock. Even if they had stopped the clock to move the chains I put the odds of them lining up and snapping it perfectly in the one second after the chains are set at zero percent. As I said earlier, fuck em.

Unfortunately this isn't getting mentioned. There's now a headline on ESPN.com about how ACC says UNC should've gotten the extra second. Who cares? They wouldn't have had time to snap it, and even if they did, we're talking about a complete Hail Mary. I cannot believe how much is being made of this.

I love it when Wake wins. I love it when Wake beats Carolina. I love it when Carolina loses. I especially love it when they lose and feel like they got cheated somehow.

Last night I was 4-4.

Unfortunately this isn't getting mentioned. There's now a headline on ESPN.com about how ACC says UNC should've gotten the extra second. Who cares? They wouldn't have had time to snap it, and even if they did, we're talking about a complete Hail Mary. I cannot believe how much is being made of this.

I'm with bmoney. Fuck those assholes.

Exactly, completely ridiculous.

Back