• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC at Wake, Friday 9/13

I prefaced my hypothetical to avoid this very reaction, and asked it only because I think it's an interesting question. I didn't ask it because I'm losing sleep over us missing the playoff.

Fair enough. but a week from now we'll be 4-0, and ournext game will be against a BC team that will have lost to Kansas at home and probably struggled with Rutgers on the road. SOME OF YOU PEOPLE are already counting home wins against Louisville, FSU, and NCSU.

Fair enough. but a week from now we'll be 4-0, and ournext game will be against a BC team that will have lost to Kansas at home and probably struggled with Rutgers on the road. SOME OF YOU PEOPLE are already counting home wins against Louisville, FSU, and NCSU.

I haven't seen anyone counting wins, but unless we lose (a few) or one of those teams does something really impressive, we'll be favored in everyone of those games I'd image. If we played them next week I imagine we'd be favored in everyone of those games at home, so hope of a tremendous season isn't unreasonable, but the expectation of one (at this point) is.

Okay, so I think UVA wll be a pretty good opponent for us in the ACCCG. Perkins looks pretty good at QB.

Nobody is saying they think we'll go 13-0, just having some fun talking about it. Personally I'd be absolutely thrilled with 9-3, with 8-4/7-5 still probably where most people's money would be.

I'd be very pleased taking 2 of those 3 at home after a 5-0 start. That would keep the momentum going.

Right now on FPI (which I think still underrates us), our 2nd worst win probability is 48%.

I think it is reasonable to discuss that this has the potential to be one of those years if the ball bounces favorably and we win the close games that 10 regular season wins could happen.

Last edited:
One thing for sure is there won't be much of anybody in the Carrier Dome for our last game of the season.

I'm only confident enough to feel good about winning 2 of those 4 games. I think we probably win 1 of @VT/Cuse. Beat Elon and lose to Clemson. Leaving Duke to be the difference between 7-5 and 8-4. I started the season out predicting 7-5. Now, based on what we've seen, I think this is a 9-3 team with an opportunity to go get a 10 win season in a good bowl.

A lot of the success is dependent on the team staying healthy. So far the players missing games are guys at positions Wake has quality depth. There are spots where that isn't the case.

So, I just confirmed that, if Clemson makes the CFP, the next highest ranked ACC team makes the Orange Bowl. If we were to finish 10-2 or 9-3 and UVA stumbles, we would have a very, very good chance. Hell, we could make the Orange Bowl and never even have to beat a ranked team (or even play one other than Clemson). Let that sink in...

http://theacc.com/news/2019/5/23/football-espn-announces-acc-bowl-game-times-and-networks.aspx

I don't think 9-3 gets it

side note - per FPI, WF has a better chance of beating Clemson (2.8%) than winning out except for Clemson (1.7%)

doesn't matter though because I think Biff says WF is going 13-0 and to the playoff !

I don't think 9-3 gets it

side note - per FPI, WF has a better chance of beating Clemson (2.8%) than winning out except for Clemson (1.7%)

doesn't matter though because I think Biff says WF is going 13-0 and to the playoff !

Probably a way too aggressive/too early statement, but I don't think any other non-Clemson ACC team has much of a chance to get to 9-3 other than UVA or Wake.

Why couldn't the students chant we want Elon at the end of the game lol

Hopefully we can beat an ACC foe so bad later this season we can resurrect the infamous “worse than Elon” chant

As a North Carolina native and resident and father whose son, despite a sparkling record at Myers Park HS and healthy SAT, did not get into Carolina as a freshman (State two years, two years at Carolina), I was surprised to read on this thread of Carolina as a "safety school" and the dismissals and disdain for Carolina as an academic institution. I checked as many academic rankings as I could find (realizing how unscientific they are), and here is what I found: Forbes - WF 56 Carolina 45; USNews - WF 47 Carolina 49; WSJ/Times - WF 62, Carolina 37; CWUR - WF 61/201-250 Carolina 27/54 (national/international). On the other hand, WF was the better team on the field Friday, where the result was objective and not subject to speculation.

As a North Carolinian with restricted means, I am pleased that North Carolina is an inflow state - taking in more college students than we send out; that we are blessed with both fine public and private colleges, which is the informed national and international consensus; that Carolina is held in high regard; and tha Wake has made such great strides in recent decades.

I hope your son (with his “sparkling” record and “healthy” SAT) was able to take advantage of UNC’s fake classes.

And btw, everyone in NC knows that a student gets a better education at Wake than UNC. Everyone.

As a North Carolina native and resident and father whose son, despite a sparkling record at Myers Park HS and healthy SAT, did not get into Carolina as a freshman (State two years, two years at Carolina), I was surprised to read on this thread of Carolina as a "safety school" and the dismissals and disdain for Carolina as an academic institution. I checked as many academic rankings as I could find (realizing how unscientific they are), and here is what I found: Forbes - WF 56 Carolina 45; USNews - WF 47 Carolina 49; WSJ/Times - WF 62, Carolina 37; CWUR - WF 61/201-250 Carolina 27/54 (national/international). On the other hand, WF was the better team on the field Friday, where the result was objective and not subject to speculation.

As a North Carolinian with restricted means, I am pleased that North Carolina is an inflow state - taking in more college students than we send out; that we are blessed with both fine public and private colleges, which is the informed national and international consensus; that Carolina is held in high regard; and that Wake has made such great strides in recent decades.

Not sure how I missed this yesterday but I’m proud to have put this Carolina chucklehead in the red. On the plus side, we all picked up three credits for reading his post.

Back