• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

The "sitcom" Louie has been mediocre at best the last 2 seasons.

I don't think that's unpopular. There were better FX and FXX comedies last year.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/louie/s05/

28/29 critics liked it this season.

Closer to home, here is one TV experts take on Season 4:

My bad. You put "sitcom" in quotes so I thought you were emphasizing the comedic aspect of the show. The season 3 storytelling game was on point although season 4 was a drop off in comedy and storytelling. You're the Worst and Sunny were stronger last year and Married and Man Seeking Women were funnier than Season 4.

i hate the phrase "my bad." so many people said it (and still do) that it must be an unpopular opinion.

My bad. You put "sitcom" in quotes so I thought you were emphasizing the comedic aspect of the show. The season 3 storytelling game was on point although season 4 was a drop off in comedy and storytelling. You're the Worst and Sunny were stronger last year and Married and Man Seeking Women were funnier than Season 4.

well done sir.

I-See-What-You-Did-There-Fry.jpg

I-See-What-You-Did-There-Fry.jpg

I can see how that was confusing. I figured if I didn't include the quotes, people would think I viewed it as a traditional sitcom, which I don't.

Big fan of Married. You're the Worst was surprisingly good. Will be interesting to see if that one can hold up, now they have shown signs of actually liking each other. New Denis Leary show looks awful.

"Signs of actually liking each other" could apply to Married and You're the Worst.

The daughter on Leary's show is smoke though.

Alright dude, go suck moons dick already then. For fucks sake. Y'all make this place the fucking worst. Jesus Christ.

Bearenstein bears alternate universe theory is blowing my mind

I read that over lunch and had a minor freak out (there are some other things I've noticed that I swear never existed or I remembered differently, like things my parents would always do but now they insist I'm wrong). But then I saw this linked from another redditor and felt somewhat relieved. Check Saturday morning at 7 am: http://ptl.stparchive.com/Archive/PTL/PTL09121985P06.php

Last edited:
I distinctly remember conversations with or among my parents when I was a kid about the name change of stein to stain. It was acknowledged and known at the time. I don't remember the motivation but have a vague recollection that my parents thought they wanted to avoid being identified as jewish...

I enjoy barbecue, but I've never craved it or sought it out on a whim. It's good, but I'd much rather have fried chicken or a pimento cheeseburger or some entirely different cuisine.

I enjoy barbecue, but I've never craved it or sought it out on a whim. It's good, but I'd much rather have fried chicken or a pimento cheeseburger or some entirely different cuisine.

I crave it every now and then. I miss little Richards BBQ sandwiches with hush puppies

Back