• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

firmly-held beliefs that you're somehow coming out ahead of other shmucks by not getting 'conned' into paying more for something that exists in a cheaper iteration).

To be fair, this is me. However I at least make exceptions for beer, booze and coffee.

Legitimate question: what in life brings you joy?

Here's my guess at your answer: feeling like you're smarter than other people (thus the inclination to have these screaming hot takes and firmly-held beliefs that you're somehow coming out ahead of other shmucks by not getting 'conned' into paying more for something that exists in a cheaper iteration).

Probably all that and boobs.

To be fair, this is me. However I at least make exceptions for beer, booze and coffee.

yeah, we're obviously related. I typed that description out really quickly/easily because that's definitely me (but I make the exceptions for beer and bikes). I just don't understand not appreciating ANYTHING enough to spend a little more for it... to the point that you can make the statement "it's all the same" and not even recognize that there's a difference in quality.

Last edited:
2&2 fires them because babies are the ultimate participation trophy and he does not like the participation trophy generation

If only they had an abortion they could have kept their job.

Legitimate question: what in life brings you joy?

Here's my guess at your answer: feeling like you're smarter than other people (thus the inclination to have these screaming hot takes and firmly-held beliefs that you're somehow coming out ahead of other shmucks by not getting 'conned' into paying more for something that exists in a cheaper iteration).

Not more expensive, "better tasting" beer or coffee. I like hanging out with my kids, watching sports, boating, fornication, etc. I'll pay extra for some things that have a definitive better performance, but beer or coffee aren't in that category; on the occasion I'm drinking either, I'm not drinking either for the taste. Now if you asked me to pay more for a Malibu over a Regal, then yeah I'll pay the extra for the better performance.

drives a buick. swears by wrangler jeans and store-brand chocolate syrup

Close. Ram and Levi's, but I don't eat chocolate syrup. [unless it is involved in the aforementioned fornication, in which case store-brand is perfectly fine]

Probably all that and boobs.

This guy gets it.

So do you just go to the Sizzler for your steaks? Fancy restaurants are for suckers, amirite?

Sizzler!?!? If you are getting anything more uppity than the hamburger steak at K&W, you are a damn fool!!!!

Back