• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Is there some reason that a vehicle that has a more likely chance of being beaten to hell retains its value so well? Eventually you would think the market corrects for saturation of high retaining value year after year as more trucks are made. Counterpoint to my own argument lots of people own a truck as a secondary vehicle.

My yota is almost 2 decades old and apparently I could still get around 9 or 10 grand for it. Trucks are useful.

there are a trillion parts available for them, they're built well and serve their function exactly. plus rubes and OWGs just love them a pick up truck

To clarify my original unpopular opinion:

Owning a "beater" truck = OK
Owning a $50,00+ pimped-out luxury truck that doesn't have a scratch or dent or one bit of dried cement and when you work in an office = not OK

But you are OK with those same folks driving a $70,000+ pimped out luxury SUV that doesn't have a scratch or dent or one bit of dried cement and when you work in an office? That's the part I don't get.

What're your thoughts on spruced up sports cars?

Yeah I feel the same way about sports cars as the posters with fuck pickup hottakes.

Big difference between the two is that Trucks can be practical, and sportscars are fucking stupid.

I think this can be summed up as trucks are cool, but some people that drive them aren't.

I bought my 2006 Sequoia (not a pickup obv) in 2012 for $14,000. Had 115k miles on it. I'm now around 215k and according to the blue book could sell it for $8-9k. That is some tremendous value. 8 years and 100k miles for $6,000!!!! Anyway i'm driving it for another couple of years then doing something stupid like getting an E-class convertible.

You guys are making me want to buy a truck. The new company I'm about to work for is test driving (no pun intended) a GM truck/SUV lease program with some of their executives to see how it works before potentially offering it to some of their top business partners (for referring a certain level of business). If they green-light it, the program will likely fall under me. Really hoping I somehow get a Yukon Denali on the house. Dream car, but way too big/expensive for me to buy myself.

If you care whether your truck gets dirty, dented or scratched, you shouldn't have a truck.

SUV's are just station wagons on steroids. For practical purposes, station wagons are better - smaller less expensive tires, better gas mileage (global warming!), and it will handle 99% of hauling needs of an SUV. The Vacation movies made the station wagon unpopular, causing families to go to mini-vans (which grew to not be mini) and then SUVs.

But you are OK with those same folks driving a $70,000+ pimped out luxury SUV that doesn't have a scratch or dent or one bit of dried cement and when you work in an office? That's the part I don't get.

Dude. There is nothing to "get." It's the Unpopular Opinions thread. There are 250 pages full of them.

Pickup trucks are to be driven by contractors, drywall guys, landscapers, etc. If that isn't you, get a SUV like the rest of us.

pickup trucks violate the Suburban Lifestyle Dream (SLD) because they signify the presence of the Other, which must always be expelled in order to attempt to preserve the always already failed unicity of such a space

i had one of these bad boys

pNaZFKtVb5qPT9nODOsxjdH-pi8qbcjnfmRc3W2CRgWtKKuxtQNI1ZR85eo81HOL7b10xAj_DYept13GgtxwobmIacFp7LhjFhiYDoty9qbYUfJo9Xg

just oozed sex

You still ooze sex, bb. Rep incoming when I spread it around.

Back