• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Hey guys... I'll have to ask my wife how she handles the garlic when she's cooking my meals. But first I need to wrap up my day of doing actual man's work. The kind of work that builds calluses and character.

Finance.

This guy fucking gets it. He's the hole package.

clearly the solution is to use the jarred variety. i spend zero time smashing cloves, removing skins, getting my hands sticky (or rubber tubes), scrubbing my hands with industrial soap afterwards, etc. 3 minced garlic cloves takes me approximately 5 seconds to produce, including walking to and from the fridge.

i have a recommendation for you

Christian mythology is probably the most boring of all the major cinematic universes

seriously

the lack of New Testament sex really just puts ya to sleep

Yeah. Even the main characters parents didn’t have sex. After the big fatherhood reveal and resurrection plot twist, it’s basically about maintaining churches.

I go back and forth on this. I either use the rubber peeler thing to keep the hands clean or just do the smash and peel.

Either way it takes seconds. I’ve never used jarred stuff and lol garlic powder as a substitute ph

Never said garlic powder was a substitute. I said paste and powder were good shortcuts. Unless you use actual garlic in popcorn or have a problem with garlic powder in burgers or meatloaf, my post shouldn’t offend.

You all seem to know what you’re doing so I assume you all are roasting garlic and spreading it onto Sister Schubert yeast rolls with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt and pepper.

Fuck that I’m making yeast rolls from scratch. Once you have your yeast culture taking over your kitchen it only takes3 hours to make them yourself and it’s SO WORTH IT

I would argue Nazism was never right.

So are you saying you have a problem with businesses in a free market economy serving as cultural gatekeepers?

Then who should be the cultural gatekeepers?

I feel like this is another version of Townie’s takes against superhero films.

I think it’s weird to expect a society to share cultural values but to not expect people to represent those values in works of art. And it’s even weird to expect such values in a capitalist society not to be made into art and sold for a profit.

I agree that Nazism was morally wrong from an objective standpoint. It was, however, a positive good within German culture in the 1930s. If you don't like that example because it touches on morality, there are innumerable other examples of cultural differences among societies, even within our own over time, that are less obviously morally black and white. The Puritan work ethic, for example, seems far removed from the Millennials' "Me Me Me" generation. Other than the statement that Nazism was objectively wrong (because some people don't believe there is such a thing as objective morality), this all seems very obvious and noncontroversial to me.

In response to your questions, all I'm saying is that if I thought Hollywood was directing our cultural zeitgeist through superhero movies, I would be depressed. I've already explained why. Fortunately, I don't think that's actually what is happening.

I agree that Nazism was morally wrong from an objective standpoint. It was, however, a positive good within German culture in the 1930s. If you don't like that example because it touches on morality, there are innumerable other examples of cultural differences among societies, even within our own over time, that are less obviously morally black and white. The Puritan work ethic, for example, seems far removed from the Millennials' "Me Me Me" generation. Other than the statement that Nazism was objectively wrong (because some people don't believe there is such a thing as objective morality), this all seems very obvious and noncontroversial to me.

In response to your questions, all I'm saying is that if I thought Hollywood was directing our cultural zeitgeist through superhero movies, I would be depressed. I've already explained why. Fortunately, I don't think that's actually what is happening.

lol WHAT the fuck are you talking about

In Rainbows is the best Radiohead album

This is a pretty good post for this thread. Not that In Rainbows is bad, but I think most people would put it behind OK Computer and Kid A. I personally have it as #2 behind OK Computer.

Fuck that I’m making yeast rolls from scratch. Once you have your yeast culture taking over your kitchen it only takes3 hours to make them yourself and it’s SO WORTH IT

I love that Diggler bakes at 424 a.m.

hey, you guys know what the Nazis called jazz music, which they banned? Negermusik

positive good for culture !

hey, you guys know what the Nazis called jazz music, which they banned? Negermusik

positive good for culture !

Dude, stop being an idiot. German culture viewed pursuit of a superior race as a positive good. That pursuit was thus seen as a positive good within the view of that culture. They were wrong, I think, but that was the view from within that culture.

Last edited:
Paste and powder are better than minced. At least they’re legit short cuts.

Never said garlic powder was a substitute. I said paste and powder were good shortcuts. Unless you use actual garlic in popcorn or have a problem with garlic powder in burgers or meatloaf, my post shouldn’t offend.

You said paste and powder are better than minced. See above.

Let’s just move on from garlic because junebug is, uh, arguing Nazis were good for German culture for some reason

Gott ist gestorben und sein Tod war das Leben der Welt.

Back