• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Updates to the Joel?

The crowd Wednesday for senior night was pitiful.

As most key bubble games are. Can’t build your Church for Easter Sunday.

This is the best argument you have made for a smaller arena. Sadly most churches are also built for Easter Sunday.

As most key bubble games are. Can’t build your Church for Easter Sunday.

I’d like to see your data on “most”.

I would have loved to have been there. Maybe next time I can catch a ride with Mr. Shah.

This is the best argument you have made for a smaller arena. Sadly most churches are also built for Easter Sunday.

I don’t think many church folks want completely capacity crowds 51 Sundays out of the year and then standing room only on Easter.

It’s smart to give people room to breathe and fill it up a few times a year.

I don’t think many church folks want completely capacity crowds 51 Sundays out of the year and then standing room only on Easter.

Yeah, but NOBODY has been to more masses than DR.

No. But most churches these days only get 25-30% most Sundays. Like basketball arenas, many of them were built in the days when so many more people regularly attended. Now they don't and churches are mostly empty. It was heading this way before Covid and once most every church started some sort of live-stream, an already dropping attendance has basically bottomed out. Now that people can stay home in the pajamas and watch the service, most churches have only about half of the attendance they had in March 2020.

Interesting article this week on Frank’s gym in Columbia. Very similar conversation there.

In Navy Marine Corps Stadium, the pattern of the (empty)
blue and gold seats spells out "GO NAVY." Might be something Wake could do with the seats in both the Joel and the football stadium. But spell out "GO WAKE" or "WAKE FOREST."

Navy does it as gold letters on a Navy background. Wake most reasonably would do it as gold on black.

ETA:

It would work even better if the people who bought tickets would dress to match their seat color. That would be a good look for TV broadcasts.

Last edited:
Back