• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Found out today that my cousin is personal friends with Wye Oak. She and Jenn Wasner go to freaking Orioles games together and stuff. She is also friendly with Victoria Legrand and Alex Scally from Beach House. I was all like, "whaaaaaaaaaaat????"

The Alabama Shakes debut is streaming on NPR now. Woot.

The Alabama Shakes debut is streaming on NPR now. Woot.

The only song I don't really care for is Boys & Girls. And Hold On is a little played out for me now too. I could listen to the last three tracks over and over again.

Going to see them play at the Cat's Cradle this coming weekend with a couple friends. Show is sold out... Should be a good time.

Yeah I get to see them next Monday in Philly. Pretty pumped.

Aside from Alabama Shakes on NPR, they also have the new Bonnie Raitt and Amadou and Mariam.

Great Lakes Swimmers, Ravens & Chimes, and The Lumineers on Spinner.

Solid week!

Is there a better music producer than Steve Albini? Maybe Brian Eno? George Martin? Phil Spektor?

Really digging the Ravens & Chimes and Lumineers albums. Highly recommend to any and all.

i really like these guys:

Last edited:
Is there a better music producer than Steve Albini? Maybe Brian Eno? George Martin? Phil Spektor?

Here are a few of the top of my head:

Glyn Johns
John Hammond
Daniel Lanois
Lou Adler (the guy who sits with Jack at Lakers games)
David Byrne
Stevie Wonder
Don Was

The new Trampled by Turtles is streaming at Paste now FTMFW!

Sigur Ros a rumored headliner at Lolla??? I would have no choice.

Back