• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

How has it been so far this season? Is your place MV or TEL.
I’m not there now. We got a good 10 inches last week, 5hat got skied off by this week s9 I 7nderstand it’s been a bit icy. We are supposed to get hit from the south this weekend, it’s got some energy so I hope it’s big.

For you out west skiers, we’re looking at taking a family trip out west next season - we’ve been going to snowshoe and want something a bit more.

Thoughts on most affordable place for a family of 5 (youngest would be 14 - so probably all adult/going adult lift tickets)? Also, how much is this going to cost us?

Wolfffff creeekkk

Snowbasin now at 22” forecasted for Saturday. High of 16° with sustained 20+ mph wind all day long. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t

Just checked the forecast for whitefish and Friday has a high temperature of MINUS TWELVE DEGREES.

Jesus

That’s abnormally low even for northern Montana

no, our trip is about three weeks away. I would be so annoyed if we had weather like that and lost one or two of our skiing days.

We had a high temperature of 1 in Banff/Sunshine one day a few years ago. Think it was almost -20 overnight. Was surprisingly doable as long as you dressed accordingly (including hand/foot warmers which I typically never buy/use), stayed moving, and took an occasional warming hut break.

But -12 as a high is pretty nuts.

Canyon road to Alta/Bird today closed all day today.....avalanche control.

Canyon road to Alta/Bird today closed all day today.....avalanche control.
Not surprising. It’s been hammering since early yesterday evening. Even Brighton & solitude were doing lots of mitigation bombing while opening today

BCC didn’t open till 8:50ish

Back