• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UVA Shooting (Sports-Related)

Today’s events also prompted this guy to be arrested. Who knows what this psycho was planning. He was originally the person of interest in the shootings. His tweets yesterday were nuts.

I mean who the fuck would let this guy buy guns and other explosives? are people just not paying attention?

1668520369831.png

There are millions of idiots in this country that think that guy has the same inalienable right to buy guns and explosives as people on this board have to go to church, or peacefully protest. Think about that.

Non politically of course.

Bryan Silva was involved in a SWAT standoff in Charlottesville in 2016 and plead guilty to weapons charges. So, he wouldn’t (shouldn’t) be able to buy guns.

Bryan Silva was involved in a SWAT standoff in Charlottesville in 2016 and plead guilty to weapons charges. So, he wouldn’t (shouldn’t) be able to buy guns.
I mean, he did. I highly doubt they were all bought on the secondary/black market.

I mean, he did. I highly doubt they were all bought on the secondary/black market.
I wouldn't doubt it if he did - one problem we have is that even the laws we have on the books to prevent certain people from obtaining guns often aren't enforced due to lack of system infrastructure, incompetence, indifference, or all three. In this case, I don't know that we have heard where the guns came from? Because there are so many guns in circulation, even if you can't buy one they aren't hard to find. That is why real control efforts are very hard.

I wouldn't doubt it if he did - one problem we have is that even the laws we have on the books to prevent certain people from obtaining guns often aren't enforced due to lack of system infrastructure, incompetence, indifference, or all three. In this case, I don't know that we have heard where the guns came from? Because there are so many guns in circulation, even if you can't buy one they aren't hard to find. That is why real control efforts are very hard.
Who could predict that would happen when all meaningful rules and regulations are basically written by an organization they represents the gun manufacturing industry !

There are millions of idiots in this country that think that guy has the same inalienable right to buy guns and explosives as people on this board have to go to church, or peacefully protest. Think about that.

Non politically of course.
Hard disagree. Those idiots think running over protestors is ok if they are in your way. Wal-Mart ain't gonna buy its own shit. I gotta get there NOW.

Game against Coastal canceled

Looks like it was a 2 for 1 deal with the Cavs going to Conway, SC next September and Coastal scheduled to go to Charlottesville again in 2025. Since it's not just a buy game there shouldn't be a net loss to the CCU budget, which is good.

Something that has to do with university communities publicly supporting UVA in my mind has a couple omissions. This might not be the place for this but to my knowledge Dawn Staley, head WBB coach at USC has posted nothing about the tragedy on social media. I follow her on Twitter but not on other channels. Given her history at UVA I expected something. I have heard her relationship w UVA isn’t in a good place but that shouldn’t matter. She‘s built a powerhouse at USC w all games sold out. Maybe it’s nothing but it just seems odd to me.

Something that has to do with university communities publicly supporting UVA in my mind has a couple omissions. This might not be the place for this but to my knowledge Dawn Staley, head WBB coach at USC has posted nothing about the tragedy on social media. I follow her on Twitter but not on other channels. Given her history at UVA I expected something. I have heard her relationship w UVA isn’t in a good place but that shouldn’t matter. She‘s built a powerhouse at USC w all games sold out. Maybe it’s nothing but it just seems odd to me.
She’s probably been influenced by the morons at UofSC. The governor has a huge amount of sway there, including appointing a completely unqualified president. Any public statement could be considered anti-gun which they would not like. McMaster has already come out in support of Trump.

Based on the way she (mis)handled the situation with BYU, maybe her staying silent publicly is not a bad thing.

She’s probably been influenced by the morons at UofSC. The governor has a huge amount of sway there, including appointing a completely unqualified president. Any public statement could be considered anti-gun which they would not like. McMaster has already come out in support of Trump.
From what I've heard, she really felt jilted by UVA. Turns out UVA did not choose wisely.

Obviously, the right decision. Glad this game didn't matter for anyone for bowl eligibility and the opponent was VT. Imagine if it was the last game of the season against a 5 win Louisville team. Those mouthbreathers would have been awful.

Back