• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vanderbutthurt

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
It looks like James Franklin has left The Commodores feeling none too "Easy like Sunday morning".

He is currently on the same flight path out as used by Rich Rod and Lane K.

His poaching several recruits from Vandy has earned those athletes death threats...

Shit storm rising which would be great to see . I'd love to see Vandy fk it's future hire while Franklin goes the way of "rank opportunist" with a tainted rep. That would help the Claw.

Last edited:
Wait Vanderbilt has fans that are diehard enough to make death threats to recruits?

Wait Vanderbilt has fans that are diehard enough to make death threats to recruits?

You can take the fan out of the SEC but you can't take the SEC out of the fan.

Yet Wake fans are horrible sadistic radicals for putting out newspaper ads and billboards demanding that an incompetent basketball coach and AD be fired.

No.

And until recently, I never thought Wake had any real die hard fans either. For 50 years, I thought I was one of the 14 Wake fans who cared. Apparently there may be about 200 Wake fans who care now, based on the number of people reading this forum. But most of my 13 other old buddies are dead now.

It looks like James Franklin has left The Commodores feeling none too "Easy like Sunday morning".

He is currently on the same flight path out as used by Rich Rod and Lane K.

His poaching several recruits from Vandy has earned those athletes death threats...

Shit storm rising which would be great to see . I'd love to see Vandy fk it's future hire while Franklin goes the way of "rank opportunist" with a tainted rep. That would help the Claw.

Mags? Is that you?

The Vanderbilt lunatic fringe is clearly managed by the Stratts' opposite number in Nashville -- probably Mississippi State grads.

I think it's good for Wake to have Vandy experience sustained success, especially in the SEC. It applies pressure to the athletic department on the whole here, and it shows the extent of our mutual "limitations".

With our rivalry game going away, I can't think of many good reasons to wish ill will on the Commodores. Of course, I don't have Lectro's, ahem, thought process.

I wonder if he was really offered $5 mill per for 10 years. That would be hard to turn down. Will be interesting to see who Vandy hires.

I understand Vandy fans' disappointment, but this could be seen coming from miles away. All you can do is offer a big contract for him to stay, and if he's not interested you have to let him go and move on. Wake was "lucky" with Grobe, as Grobe was overly concerned with keeping all his ACs intact and didn't have a huge ego. In hindsight, of course, it wouldn't have been bad if Grobe had gone to Arkansas (would he have left Lobo to lead our program? <shudder>). The best attitude for programs like Wake and Vandy is to look for superlative coaches, and if they get hired away due to success view that as a good thing and go out and find another great coach. Keep that up until you find a great coach who's interested in staying for whatever reason. Easy to say since it isn't our great coach leaving, but the Grobe experience has wizened me to the pitfalls of getting what you were hoping for.

I understand Vandy fans' disappointment, but this could be seen coming from miles away. All you can do is offer a big contract for him to stay, and if he's not interested you have to let him go and move on. Wake was "lucky" with Grobe, as Grobe was overly concerned with keeping all his ACs intact and didn't have a huge ego. In hindsight, of course, it wouldn't have been bad if Grobe had gone to Arkansas (would he have left Lobo to lead our program? <shudder>). The best attitude for programs like Wake and Vandy is to look for superlative coaches, and if they get hired away due to success view that as a good thing and go out and find another great coach. Keep that up until you find a great coach who's interested in staying for whatever reason. Easy to say since it isn't our great coach leaving, but the Grobe experience has wizened me to the pitfalls of getting what you were hoping for.
I agree. That article is ridiculous. I was OUT at national power. This was written before word of the commits following suit broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I agree. That article is ridiculous. I was OUT at national power. This was written before word of the commits following suit broke.

The article was trash. It purported to assert that Franklin's exit was poorly executed, but it was apparent from the actual whining of the author that nothing short of staying at Vandy could have excused Franklin. I wonder, how do you expect a coach to leave after [only] three years? What did Clawson do with BGSU, for example? You don't go around telling Vandy people you're leaving until you have a done deal; that's how it is with any job move. Franklin's exit was no different from any other coach looking for a new gig. No, Vandy, you aren't a special snowflake.

Disagree....I said for awhile Lobo would b a btr HC than OC....in fact, I dare say mayb hv kept us on the up. New ideas OC with energy is really all our program needed.

Disagree....I said for awhile Lobo would b a btr HC than OC....in fact, I dare say mayb hv kept us on the up. New ideas OC with energy is really all our program needed.

Please cite evidence that Lobo would be a better HC than OC. Thanks in advance.

Back