• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vanderbutthurt

If I'm Penn State I don't give a rat's ass about poaching kids from Vandy. Penn State's roster got picked over by Urban Meyer, Kifflin, etc. when Emmert declared their athletes free agents. Oddly, the NCAAs attempt to protect players from big bad Penn State ruined Silas Redd's career. He was a first or second round pick at PSU then transferred to USC and won't get drafted.

I would say there was never a chance that Penn State was going to feel bad about it ha ha.

I think it's a little crappy for James Franklin to do that. However, players more and more commit to a coach and not a school. Kids don't grow up dreaming of playing for Vandy football anymore then Wake football.

Have we heard the end of the gang rape issue yet where Franklin supposedly was in some degree covering it up ?

Also some questions about a dramatic change in academic requirements jucos etc.

He may have been wearing thin there.

It wouldn't matter at Penn State anyway.

It just amazes me that otherwise intelligent people think Penn State has some culture of kid rape. Sandusky is in jail, Paterno is dead and now that Larry Johnson is gone there is no one associated with Penn State football who was even there when Sandusky was diddling the boys.

It just amazes me that otherwise intelligent people think Penn State has some culture of kid rape. Sandusky is in jail, Paterno is dead and now that Larry Johnson is gone there is no one associated with Penn State football who was even there when Sandusky was diddling the boys.

I think it is more the culture of blind fanaticism that clearly addles the brain of many a PSU fan.

I think it is more the culture of blind fanaticism that clearly addles the brain of many a PSU fan.

Well, Penn State is like OSU, Bama, Florida and about 20 other football factories in that way. Paterno and Sandusky hated each other. If you think Paterno spent the first 70 years of his life doing things the right way then all of a sudden wanted to enable Sandusky then I can't help you.

Well, Penn State is like OSU, Bama, Florida and about 20 other football factories in that way. Paterno and Sandusky hated each other. If you think Paterno spent the first 70 years of his life doing things the right way then all of a sudden wanted to enable Sandusky then I can't help you.

I understand he wasn't pinning kids down for Sandusky, but the system at PSU was rotten. If you have an incestuous regime, lack of accountability, and the cult-like "deity" of Paterno, it is not going to breed anything good.

I understand he wasn't pinning kids down for Sandusky, but the system at PSU was rotten. If you have an incestuous regime, lack of accountability, and the cult-like "deity" of Paterno, it is not going to breed anything good.

This is well said. Paterno hung on way too long. He was an arrogant man and stuck around to keep his son employed but Paterno isn't a monster. He knew as soon as he retired that he would die just like Bear Bryant and he used every ploy in the book to stay there. He wanted another NC after he got hosed in '94 and cost Penn State at least two chances by hanging on. Penn State needs to move on from Paterno. I think Franklin is the perfect guy to energize them.

right but penn state always said it was above everybody else. kind of the the carolina way.

In this morning's Tennessean:

James%20Franklin%20newspaper.jpg

Behind the Scenes of Derek Mason's first 24 hours on the job.

Back