• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vanderbutthurt

I think it is more the culture of blind fanaticism that clearly addles the brain of many a PSU fan.

I'm not going to get in the weeds on this again, there are plenty of intelligent people on this board who understand my stance....however, for you and idiots like PH who think there are a bazillion Penn State faithful who aren't more confused and perplexed about how EVERYTHING went down, then I have no time for you.

I love Penn state, and I along with everyone else with a brain is moving on because the monsters associated with the scandal are in jail, dead, or facing 'pound you in the ass' prison.

Move on.

blind fanaticism. Do you follow any major D1 football programs? What do yuo think happens at Tennessee? What do you think happens a USC? If this scandal broke there, do you actualy think there wouldn't be blind fanaticism? What about Notre Dame? Seriously, are you dumb? Or just trying to rehash something that lost it's steam and you feel good about pouncing, over an internet board, on a subject that no longer involves people still associated with the university.

I'm glad that every adult in Happy Valley who rolled their eyes at a kid who said "Jerry Sandusky touched me" is "in jail, dead, or facing 'pound you in the ass' prison."

The problem wasn't a few people. The problem was a culture that elevated football above the level of human decency. JoePa and the boys ignored the victims and kept the gravy train going for you, Philly. Those boys got no justice for you. They did it for your sake, so you could tailgate and shout "We Are Penn State!" and brag about culture.

..... so vandy hired Stanford's D-Coordinator? eat shit franklin, this guy is gonna keep the program in great shape. (i'm kindof jealous of their hire btw)

I'm glad that every adult in Happy Valley who rolled their eyes at a kid who said "Jerry Sandusky touched me" is "in jail, dead, or facing 'pound you in the ass' prison."

The problem wasn't a few people. The problem was a culture that elevated football above the level of human decency. JoePa and the boys ignored the victims and kept the gravy train going for you, Philly. Those boys got no justice for you. They did it for your sake, so you could tailgate and shout "We Are Penn State!" and brag about culture.

You are such a moron.... It's absolutely ridiculous. I can't even address how dumb your entire post is... just dumb.

You still act as if PSU is the only college that elevates it's football team to God-Like levels.
You still act like PSU is the only fanbase, of ANY sport, that has some morons for fans...

That's as far as I'm going with this...you are just ....dumb...

Franklin flipped another one of Vandy's recruits to Penn State. The Nittany Lions should have to reimburse Vandy for their entire recruiting budget this year.

Franklin flipped another one of Vandy's recruits to Penn State. The Nittany Lions should have to reimburse Vandy for their entire recruiting budget this year.

Most all of Vandy's superlative recruiting was due to Franklin's appeal. It would be the same for Wake if we were to get a gifted recruiter. What you really need to look for in all this when you have a highly successful coach is whether the reputation of the school as opposed to that of the coach has been enhanced. A big problem I had with Grobe is that he failed to enhance the status of our program during his reign; he just took whatever Wake gave naturally, i.e. very little.

Most all of Vandy's superlative recruiting was due to Franklin's appeal. It would be the same for Wake if we were to get a gifted recruiter. What you really need to look for in all this when you have a highly successful coach is whether the reputation of the school as opposed to that of the coach has been enhanced. A big problem I had with Grobe is that he failed to enhance the status of our program during his reign; he just took whatever Wake gave naturally, i.e. very little.

I understand that but Franklin was paid by Vandy to recruit these guys. No one is saying he is breaking any rules. But The extent that Franklin is looting Vandy's class is ridiculous.

You are such a moron.... It's absolutely ridiculous. I can't even address how dumb your entire post is... just dumb.

You still act as if PSU is the only college that elevates it's football team to God-Like levels.
You still act like PSU is the only fanbase, of ANY sport, that has some morons for fans...

That's as far as I'm going with this...you are just ....dumb...

Not the only one but the only one who protected a convicted child molester for those moron fans.

Not the only one but the only one who protected a convicted child molester for those moron fans.

Ph may be called some things. . .but dumb is not one of them.

I understand that but Franklin was paid by Vandy to recruit these guys. No one is saying he is breaking any rules. But The extent that Franklin is looting Vandy's class is ridiculous.

yep, it's very low rent.

yep, it's very low rent.

meh - What gottfried attempted to do post-Skip's passing was low-rent. This strikes me more as college sports recruiting in an age of charismatic coaches and less "traditional" programs. I think we're all underestimating the extent to which these guys committed to play for Franklin, rather than for Vandy.

meh - What gottfried attempted to do post-Skip's passing was low-rent. This strikes me more as college sports recruiting in an age of charismatic coaches and less "traditional" programs. I think we're all underestimating the extent to which these guys committed to play for Franklin, rather than for Vandy.

No one is underestimating that.

Gott is one of the world's worst people. An absolutely terrible human being.

When Joe Pa was still around, the PSU fans I've known for many years would have thought this kind of raiding was unseemly at other schools. They always felt that PSU was above other schools, and in many ways, at least on the surface, they appeared to be. Those fans would not have been comfortable with Franklin's raiding, interesting that Joe Pa is gone and they now turn a blind eye.

Back