• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vegetarianism

Everyone to an extent is gluten sensitive. And that site and that book I posted are very credible. Don't knock it until you actually read it.

I will admit that I just pulled that website up out of the blue but that still doesn't take away from the fact that eating gluten products puts extra pressure on your body to break down the minerals in those type of foods.

I would even venture to say that most digestion problems in this country are because of gluten and certain meats too.

Most people don't know how to properly chew their food though, this is definitely part of the problem.

But I personally recommend that anyone interested in becoming more healthy and interested in anti-aging diets read the Heal Yourself 101 book by Markus Rothkranz.

:wtftard:

it's not possible to debate something with someone who makes claims like that everybody is sensitive to gluten. the medical community hasn't even figured out if ANYBODY is sensitive to gluten except for the people with celiac's. there isn't a way to test for it (yet). all that is happening is that people like you are saying "hey, i cut out pasta and now i don't have acne. pasta must have been causing it!" the medical community has no idea yet, so how do you think that some book that claims to have all the answers is actually a credible book?

We live in a country that used to recommend more servings of bread/grain products than fruits and vegetables. Do you know the reason for this? The reason is because those are very large industries and they lobbied to get the food guide pyramid (way back in the day) to influence people into buying more grains.

I can't have an honest debate with someone who believes that bread products are better than fruits and vegetables.

And it's not just bread products, it's dairy too. I cut dairy out a long time ago. We are the only species that drinks other species' milk.

I don't think there is a single person on here arguing that bread products are better than fruits and vegetables.

ipity, sorry to totally derail your thread.

feel free to PM for more vegetarian tips :) in the meantime, i'm thoroughly enjoying the present 'conversation'

To each his own but my digestion issues have gone away since removing them and my skin is better too.

I think you can get plenty of fiber from veggies.

Did you ever think your skin is getting better because you are 19 and thus moving out of your teen years?

I don't think there is a single person on here arguing that bread products are better than fruits and vegetables.

first of all, this. a million times this. nobody is saying fruits/veggies are bad, or even less good, than whole grains. fruits and veggies are wonderful for you. NOBODY is arguing otherwise. we're just arguing that whole grains are another good piece of the puzzle.

So you've never pulled some quick article off the internet?

and yes, of course i have. i just haven't tried to defend it's credibility without having even read it.

Seriously? The dude on the Hydroxycut commercials is an M.D. MUST BE REAL!

The point is just because something is radical or out of the ordinary doesn't mean it isn't correct. If we all sat around and believed everything we were told, we would be mindless sheep.

By all means continue to eat bread products and dairy products, you are free to do whatever the hell you want but I am in tip-top shape because of the removal of them.

Peace and as always go Wake. I'm out of here for a while, haha.

ipity, you can also message me if you have any questions about vegetarianism.

The point is just because something is radical or out of the ordinary doesn't mean it isn't correct. If we all sat around and believed everything we were told, we would be mindless sheep.

By all means continue to eat bread products and dairy products, you are free to do whatever the hell you want but I am in tip-top shape because of the removal of them.

The prosecution rests.

...damn, does this mean my current tip-top shapeness is void of legitimacy because i achieved it while consuming wheat and dairy?

balls.

...damn, does this mean my current tip-top shapeness is void of legitimacy because i achieved it while consuming wheat and dairy?

balls.

Means you are simply in top shape, not tip-top.

We are also the only species that builds and flies airplanes, manufactures and uses medicine, and uses bows and arrows.

7nTnr.png

We are the only species that drinks other species' milk.

27565183.jpg

Next you're gonna tell me we're the only species having this debate on the internet.

This harkens back to the old joke.

Q: How do you know when someone's a vegan?
A: They'll fucking tell you.

Back