• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vegetarianism

27565183.jpg

Next you're gonna tell me we're the only species having this debate on the internet.

This harkens back to the old joke.

Q: How do you know when someone's a vegan?
A: They'll fucking tell you.

Pretty much this.

And it's not just bread products, it's dairy too. I cut dairy out a long time ago. We are the only species that drinks other species' milk.

Tommy: You shouldn't drink that stuff anyway.
Turkish: Why, what's wrong with it?
Tommy: It's not in sync with evolution.
Turkish: Shut up.
Tommy: Cows have only been domesticated for the last eight thousand years. Before that, they were running around mad as lorries. The human digestive system hasn't got used to dairy products yet.
Turkish: Well fuck me Tommy. What have you been reading?

Sorry I missed this thread devolve into crazy town. Im glad I made my statement earlier in which i stated that there is a fine line between vegetarianism and then the cliff of weird fucking science that ECU fan promptly filled as his roll. Gluten has become the scapegoat for uneducated (not reading credible sources, not random holistic medicine doc from the internet or Glutenisbad.com) people looking for answers or excuses for certain conditions that they face, similar to vaccines and autism. If you really want to know how celiac's disease works, gluten sensitivity, gut intestinal biology actually ask someone that studies such things not cite someone or something that will further your agenda and mind that has already been made up.

I ate two loaves of processed white bread with a scoop of sugar on top every day for a month and then bench pressed 350 pounds 24 times.

Bread and sugar are the healthiest things you can find. And totally vegetarian. I feel like $100 million.

I ate two loaves of processed white bread with a scoop of sugar on top every day for a month and then bench pressed 350 pounds 24 times.

Bread and sugar are the healthiest things you can find. And totally vegetarian. I feel like $100 million.

Seems legit.

just eat less processed food, eat in moderation, work out and stop being a cunt. in the end we all die.

i believe michael pollan sums it up with: "eat food*. not much. mostly plants."

*real food, not processed crap.

Seriously? The dude on the Hydroxycut commercials is an M.D. MUST BE REAL!

He is a DO.

:couch:

I know this because a residency classmate of mine went to med school with him. Evidently, he's as douchey in real life as you'd guess from those commercials.

btw, ipity, here's an actual serious link about the whole vegetarian thing. i was saying something to dhtoy on thanksgiving about how marshmallows kind of freak me out because they have gelatin and that's actually made from animal parts. he didn't believe me, so i was looking up an explanation to send to him, and i stumbled across this list of "8 things you thought were vegetarian." i don't know how strict you want to be on the vegetarian diet, but if you really want to do it right, you have to keep in mind the stuff that isn't meat in the traditional sense, but that still involves animal parts.

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/non-vegetarian-foods/

haha, just because?
Hawk, do you know many vegan or veg runners? I've been surprised at how many I meet.

Back