• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Tried Dark Souls again, for about the third time, last night. About every three years I give it a shot, spend an hour or more beating the Asylum Demon boss in the tutorial and then quit. On the one hand, I do get why people like the Dark Souls games. On the other, ain't nobody got time for that.

with dark souls I always recommend Co-op. Work through the early early stages and get the coop stuff. once you have that you can learn a new level by helping someone else in their game. You can also get help from experienced players. The newer Dark Souls 2 3 probably have more people on the servers.

Tried Dark Souls again, for about the third time, last night. About every three years I give it a shot, spend an hour or more beating the Asylum Demon boss in the tutorial and then quit. On the one hand, I do get why people like the Dark Souls games. On the other, ain't nobody got time for that.

i've only played III but really enjoyed the loop until the last few bosses. I could just play for however long/until i got too frustrated and then just put it down. You basically were rewarded by improving skill with leveling, which is kinda of rare now.

but i got sick of having to be perfect in the late stage of the game, i just didn't have the time (or focus of a teenager after school)

I rarely solo in DS. As I said. Above it's less frustrating. Even just jumping in and helping someone is fun and teaches you the patterns.

Any reason to get the PS4 pro over the regular if you don't have a 4K TV (but probably will at some point in the next couple years)

There are some cheap and good 4K TVs out there. Wish I had known before I bought a regular PS4. I have a 55” TCL Roku that I got for under $400. Probably buying another one during Fathers Day sales.

i've only played III but really enjoyed the loop until the last few bosses. I could just play for however long/until i got too frustrated and then just put it down. You basically were rewarded by improving skill with leveling, which is kinda of rare now.

but i got sick of having to be perfect in the late stage of the game, i just didn't have the time (or focus of a teenager after school)

I thought about trying Dark Souls 3 as a good friend loves it, but I don't know. I also thought about getting Dark Souls remastered so there would be more people on the servers. I doubt I'll do it though. I know I'll just get frustrated and quit. I don't have enough time to devote to it.

man, those binding of isaac runs where everything comes together perfectly and you wreck everyone's face are super satisfying

Got the ps4 pro. Mainly to get Pinball Arcade and all the bally/Williams machines on the hard drive before they lose the license on june 30th. Even if you aren't a pinball nerd like me, I'd have to think these games are fun for all (they're all the good pinball tables), and won't be around potentially in a couple weeks unless someone else does something with a new license which is unannounced as far as I know.

Attack from Mars is fun as shit on the ps4, I'd been playing it mainly on the phone for the past year or so, but so much better with the controller. Looking forward to just buy all the tables before June 30th and learn the rules then figure out what I wanna on the real machine front going forward.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
they could've just played the TES teaser and handed out some free hats and i'd call the whole Bethesda conference a win

Back