• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Gameplay footage from Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

The problem with saving $100 on a digital edition of a console right now is you'll easily give the $100 back in the first year based on current pricing of digital vs. physical games. Until every physical copy comes with a digital key as well there will always be lower sale prices for discs. Seems so strange to see Amazon pricing where the digital download is $59.99 but the disc is under $30 but it happens all the time.

The problem with saving $100 on a digital edition of a console right now is you'll easily give the $100 back in the first year based on current pricing of digital vs. physical games. Until every physical copy comes with a digital key as well there will always be lower sale prices for discs. Seems so strange to see Amazon pricing where the digital download is $59.99 but the disc is under $30 but it happens all the time.

I think XBox's strategy is to make the Series S a machine that basically requires a Game Pass Subscription, and you just play whatever happens to be available that month.

It's honestly not a bad strategy.

Not a bad strategy. Definitely future oriented. Not that far in the future either.

Can the Twitter bot be used for PS5 availability?

Probably going to go with the Series X close to launch, particularly if I can get a hold of one of the All Access deals. I've got at least a couple years of Game Pass stored up, so that is a no brainer for me. I'll probably pick up the digital PS5 once there are a couple of games that I have to have on it, and maybe if there is a price drop.

I have been exclusively XBox for 12 years this Christmas, think I’m going to finally make the switch to PS5. I am tired of missing out on all the PS exclusive games, I’ll have some catching up to do. Plus I figure XBox One will still have game support for a couple of years so if I ever need to switch back to it for some stuff, there will be a cushion.

Can the Twitter bot be used for PS5 availability?

I just checking this morning at it looks like he requested PS5 links to begin tracking. Looks like Amazon had a restock 8 hours ago, but nothing since. I refollowed to keep an eye on it.

I just checking this morning at it looks like he requested PS5 links to begin tracking. Looks like Amazon had a restock 8 hours ago, but nothing since. I refollowed to keep an eye on it.

This might be the worst pre-order since Sony said they weren't going to open pre-orders with zero notice.

I have a hard time believing that this is it for preorders, would imagine theres another wave coming soon

Nvidia's graphics cards instantly sold out on their website. Newegg crashed, then marked them as sold out; same with Best Buy and B&H. Now they're on Ebay for a %50 markup. People really suck, and companies really suck for letting people suck.

Last edited:
Dang, I have Costco and they don't have it listed.

Yep, I checked there too. Lucky I have my parents Sams Club account saved on my desktop from wedding orders 2 years ago. Sorry about that 530.00 credit card charge, mom.

It let me preorder and check out a PS5 on Sam's Club as a guest, but has a $50 shipping fee. It also says it will be delivered on September 23rd, so color me skeptical.

Last edited:
I only saw the disk version, and shipping was waived. I think it was because of the paid account type.

It let me pre-order and check out a PS5 on Sam's Club as a guest, but has a $50 shipping fee. It also says it will be delivered on September 23rd, so color me skeptical.

Ordered one as guest and went out of stock while I was checking out.

...and it's gone.

Back