• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

eBay is the best though. Easy to get any of that stuff back. I’ve been playing my Tiger Baseball handheld games of late

I have held on to everything in case sometime I want to pull back out like a Super Mario 64 or Galaxy so the fervor for new releases of games that have been out for years I don’t really get. Plus this package doesn’t have Galaxy 2 which is arguably the best 3D Mario

I will never get rid of my N64. I donated my Wii to a local family years ago

when I went to help my mom out of her house I took my N64 but the only game I could find was a Pokemon game, which is weird since I never played Pokemon.

Our wii is at our vacation place, and the kids happily play hours of Lego Batman/Avengers/Harry Potter/Star Wars at every opportunity. Those games just never get old.

Super Mario 64 is still the tits. I’m sure I’ll throw my controller because of the shitty camera at some point but fuck is it fun.

I still have my N64 with Mario 64 and Wii to play Gamecube Sunshine and both Galaxy games (Both were amazing but I can't say which one is better). Does the Switch version do anything with the graphics, or is it basically the same game?

I think I 100%ed all four games but the controls for 64 drove my crazy. One wrong step on a surface you thought was flat and you go sliding down a mountain.

Switch version is doing basically nothing to the games except putting Sunshine into 16:9 ratio. Not even doing that much for 64.

And the first Galaxy game is better because there is no Yoshi. Also, I did like the story in the first one, as minimal as it was.

MS buys Zenimax (Bethesda) for $7.5B.

Congrats DC?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/21/mic...ced Monday that it,The Elder Scrolls and Doom.

TECH Microsoft buys Bethesda, the company that makes hit games Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, for $7.5 billion

Microsoft announced Monday that it will buy ZeniMax Media, the company that owns well-known video game publisher Bethesda, for $7.5 billion in cash.

It’s one of the most notable video game acquisitions in Microsoft’s history. The company bought Mojang, the studio behind Minecraft, for $2.5 billion in late 2014. That proved to be a boon to the firm as Minecraft surged in popularity, rapidly becoming one of the best-selling games in the world thanks to its simple design and gameplay.

With a developer like Bethesda under Microsoft’s belt, that gives the company access to a raft of successful game franchises, including role-playing game series Fallout and The Elder Scrolls and the Doom shooter series.

“Gaming is the most expansive category in the entertainment industry, as people everywhere turn to gaming to connect, socialize and play with their friends,” Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said.

“With the addition of Bethesda, Microsoft will grow from 15 to 23 creative studio teams and will be adding Bethesda’s iconic franchises to Xbox Game Pass,” Microsoft said. “This includes Microsoft’s intent to bring Bethesda’s future games into Xbox Game Pass the same day they launch on Xbox or PC, like Starfield, the highly anticipated, new space epic currently in development by Bethesda Game Studios.

Wow.

Well that definitely makes game pass a more attractive proposition if they keep doing all of Microsoft’s first party studio games on there.

That's a lot of cash.

Does this speed up release of ES6?

That’s about as much as Disney paid for Marvel and Lucasfilm combined.

That’s over three times what Tepper paid for the Panthers.

DCDeacon’s Deacon Club rep has already called him. Maybe he can speed up that Manning buyout. Maybe get Clawson a new DC.

Back