• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Man the Mayachideg Shrine is great
god it took me forever to realize there were more parts in the second room.

I really like the start from scratch shrines. They could make a killer Hades style game

I finally beat the thing at the end of the Turin quest. Took me way more attempts than I'd like to admit.

I kept getting to the end and doing stupid stuff like forgetting where I was and splatting myself on the deck of the ship.

Starting to really get into the game, though... Now that I have some hearts and a ton of different side quests and stuff going on.

I've encountered those gloom hands like ten times and I still haven't figured out a way to beat them. It's very frustrating. Nothing I've tried has slowed them down.

Don't tell me if you've figured it out, I want to keep thinking on it but wanted to vent.

I'm so far behind you all and you all seem nowhere close to finishing the game. I haven't faced any of the big bosses yet. I'm playing the game inside out. I thought I was going to head to Hebra but I decided to check out a chasm and then get south to another shrine.

In general, I now realize how heavily I relied on bombs in BOTW to the point that they seem would seem like a cheat code in TOTK.

I haven't been playing much this week. I wore it out when I was traveling around Texas for work last Wed-Fri.

No idea how much time I've played total, but I just finished that first boss battle last night and have 7 hearts now.

Went down to the depths for the first time the other day for just the first side quest and now I'm overwhelmed by how big the game is given there are 3 levels to the map. I spent a lot time trying to uncover the main map, but realized some of the towers weren't going to work for me this early in the game (too many monsters or some other obstacle).

But yeah, I am nowhere near done. I'd guess I'm like 20% through the main quest.

I've encountered those gloom hands like ten times and I still haven't figured out a way to beat them. It's very frustrating. Nothing I've tried has slowed them down.

Don't tell me if you've figured it out, I want to keep thinking on it but wanted to vent.
I chucked bombs at them from a higher level. Without spoiling, it's worse if you beat them.

I've barely touched the main quest. I have the camera and was planning on doing the first glyph quest, but there are so many towers and shrines. I've upgraded my inventory around 6 times now and have 5 hearts and 1 2/5 endurance.

Exploring is kinda my thing.

I'm at 10 hearts and 2 full rings of endurance. Have beaten 2 of the 4 main quests and gotten to the temples of the other two. I hate when I have to cheat on the puzzles cause I can't figure the shit out, but I had to cheat twice on the water level.

I chucked bombs at them from a higher level. Without spoiling, it's worse if you beat them.

I've barely touched the main quest. I have the camera and was planning on doing the first glyph quest, but there are so many towers and shrines. I've upgraded my inventory around 6 times now and have 5 hearts and 1 2/5 endurance.

Exploring is kinda my thing.
I've hit them with bomb arrows and it works for a minute but doesn't take much health off. Felt like I would go through my whole inventory of flowers if I went that route.

I'll just keep running away until I'm OP

I've finished all five temples and descended into the depths to face Ganon, only to realize that my failure to find a single Great Fairy was a major issue. Also, you can never have enough bomb arrows.

I've been loving the videos of people's creations with Zonai devices.

I’ve played a stupid amount of TOTK and still enjoying every second. My goal for the last few sessions has been to clear the map of stamps (shrines I saw and haven’t gone to yet, mostly).

I think rocket shields are the most OP item I use on a regular basis

I'm at 10 hearts and 2 full rings of endurance. Have beaten 2 of the 4 main quests and gotten to the temples of the other two. I hate when I have to cheat on the puzzles cause I can't figure the shit out, but I had to cheat twice on the water level.
This is about where I am, but haven't gotten to water temple yet (almost there though) or started gerudo area. I brute forced quite a few of the puzzles in the dungeon in Goron even after looking up how to do a few of them. Also finished the glyphs quest, which I highly recommend doing as soon as you can.

Man, I've done none of this stuff and I'm playing 3-5 hours every night until after 3:00 in the morning.

where did yall go first? i pretty much beelined it to hebra and did the tulin stuff and am only now getting to kakariko, will probably go to hateno lab next and then do some stuff in the depths. kind think i should have done it in the opposite order (although having the wind gust is helpful)

went into the chasm per Robbie's quest and then have been meandering around, lazily working towards Hebra.

You can stay awake until 3AM? Dang.
I stay up until 2-3 am most nights. I'm a night person with a flexible schedule. But even this is wearing me out. Time flies so fast while playing this game. I'll check the time and it's like 1:30-2:00 and I'll think, "OK, let me just get to this shrine or tower and I'll go to bed" and then I'll finish it and see another thing to do and do it and all of a sudden it's 4:00.

I stay up until 2-3 am most nights. I'm a night person with a flexible schedule. But even this is wearing me out. Time flies so fast while playing this game. I'll check the time and it's like 1:30-2:00 and I'll think, "OK, let me just get to this shrine or tower and I'll go to bed" and then I'll finish it and see another thing to do and do it and all of a sudden it's 4:00.

Yup.

"One more thing" turns into an hour or two every time.

This is about where I am, but haven't gotten to water temple yet (almost there though) or started gerudo area. I brute forced quite a few of the puzzles in the dungeon in Goron even after looking up how to do a few of them. Also finished the glyphs quest, which I highly recommend doing as soon as you can.
Beefcake Ganon!

Back