• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

My son told me I should go ahead and do Dragon Tears too. I'm stuck between trying to do all the shrines and depths in West Central Hyrule and going to Hebra.

I'm still missing like 2 of the powers in the power wheel, are those up in the sky somewhere, or are you all missing them too? That's why like half my shrines I haven't tried to beat cause I figure I'm missing stuff. I can just ascend, stop time and grab stuff.

I started the zora quest but could not figure out what to do once I was on the fish shaped sky island. Gonna come back to that one eventually

I started the zora quest but could not figure out what to do once I was on the fish shaped sky island. Gonna come back to that one eventually
Thats one of the places I cheated and googled it after spending close to an hour on it

I'm still missing like 2 of the powers in the power wheel, are those up in the sky somewhere, or are you all missing them too? That's why like half my shrines I haven't tried to beat cause I figure I'm missing stuff. I can just ascend, stop time and grab stuff.
You have fuse, right?

There's the camera that you get from visiting Robbie in the depths.

You don't need those powers to do any shrine. You need the camera for some quests. The other power is found in the Depths and makes constructing Zonai devices more convenient, but is not necessary for any thing.

You don't need those powers to do any shrine. You need the camera for some quests. The other power is found in the Depths and makes constructing Zonai devices more convenient, but is not necessary for any thing.
well shit then I feel dumb for having so many unfinished shrines. I can pretty much do all the ones in the center of the map, but the ones on the outskirts are hard as shit

I haven't been to the outskirts yet. The center shrines are annoying (how am I supposed to know there's a trap door?) but not difficult.

I haven't been to the outskirts yet. The center shrines are annoying (how am I supposed to know there's a trap door?) but not difficult.
That is the one shrine where I had to google the steps because of exactly that.

I’ve been well trained by video games over the years to avoid lasers. I do appreciate that it subverts those video game signposts we’ve all taken as gospel, but I was annoyed at the time. In retrospect I should’ve figured it out by looking at the floor

I’ve mostly been wandering around searching for shrines and teardrops and towers to unlock the map. Done about 50 shrines and found I think seven of the glyphs. I like the shrines here generally more than BOTW because 1) less combat challenges which got pretty redundant in BOTW and 2) seems there is a little more leniency with solutions given your skills in TOTK whereas in BOTW seemed like there was usually one way to complete most of the puzzles (without glitches) Have only gone into the depths for a few minutes. This game is HUGE

Im trying to avoid having to look anything up and so far so good except for a single shrine where I circled around for like 30 minutes not seeing what I was supposed to do and turns out I was just supposed to touch some lasers (like why would I think those would do anything but damage me?)

Have only completed the Wind Temple which was great as a spectacle but a little disappointing because wasn’t like a classic LoZ temple but more like the Divine Beasts rebranded as a Temple. It’s a pretty minor quibble though

well was having a nice time exploring the depths until I ran across a gloom lynel with fucking armor so I’ll just nope nope nope out of there

Jesus Christ. They amped up the enemies several levels.

The elemental lynels in Age of Calamity were pretty awesome.

Probably a matter of days until there's a video of someone defeating a lynel in pitch black darkness.

I spent about 45 mintues trying to kill a lynel in the depths, many deaths, blowing through all the items i had

it finally died and another one came out

Just started Mass Effect 3 today and it definitely feels arcade-y compared to the first two. Not necessarily a bad thing though, and wow that whole Leaving Earth sequence at the beginning was pretty deep. I hope the rest of the game is really good

ME3 feels very contrived with how every thread in the series comes together or is at least mentioned, and the dream sequences are terrible and stupid. The moment to moment play is great, though. And there are a lot of great character moments as well

This game is nuts. 4 hours of play tonight and I basically went down one road in central Hyrule, did three shrines, picked a ton of apples, helped some koroks and Addison, fought some bokoblins and moblins, beat a Hinox in a cave and that’s about it. Nothing too difficult and it was 4 hours.

Back