• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

can i ask why?

dayz mod for arma II is unlike any other video game i have ever played. it's a shooter, but the stakes are so high relative to other games and actual gunfights are so rare that it makes for a very unique experience.

anyway, i think i'm gonna get arma 3 when it goes on sale. i've known of the series since operation flashpoint, but only got into it b/c of dayz

I am fucking terrible at the new Fifa.

I was awful the first 8-10 games, but I'm getting the hang of it now. Pretty big change in gameplay from '13. I feel like there are more options attacking now, players make smarter runs.

can i ask why?

dayz mod for arma II is unlike any other video game i have ever played. it's a shooter, but the stakes are so high relative to other games and actual gunfights are so rare that it makes for a very unique experience.

anyway, i think i'm gonna get arma 3 when it goes on sale. i've known of the series since operation flashpoint, but only got into it b/c of dayz

Mostly time and don't want to spend the money to upgrade the rig. To really get into arma you have to spend sooooooo much time with it.

I'm really interested in the upcoming Steam OS/Steam Box. http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamMachines/

I get all my games through Steam, my computer is getting old, and I am unhappy with my existing jerry-rigged living room media system. Excited to see what Valve comes out with next year. Might be a good solution for me to unify my HD antenna + netflix + gaming worlds which right now all coexist very uncomfortably through my old receiver.

Question - I rarely buy video games (maybe an NHL here or NCAAF there), but always loved the GTA series, though I haven't played one in years. Now that I'm a loser married guy with time to drink beers and do nothing on weekends, should I get V? Any reason not to save 30 bucks and get an older one or is V that much better? I have a 360 if that makes a difference.

get 5. just spring for the extra 30 bucks and get 5. it's really fun.

I'm really interested in the upcoming Steam OS/Steam Box. http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamMachines/

I get all my games through Steam, my computer is getting old, and I am unhappy with my existing jerry-rigged living room media system. Excited to see what Valve comes out with next year. Might be a good solution for me to unify my HD antenna + netflix + gaming worlds which right now all coexist very uncomfortably through my old receiver.

I'm in the pool to get one of the beta units (along with probably 17 million other people). I'm very excited and curious about it also, as I haven't even bothered jury-rigging my old system to my TV. I'm already planning on waiting until next year for a new console anyway, so I may just end up with one of these instead.

I had a pretty good system set up in my old house for big-screen PC gaming plus cable. Last year I cut the cord and tried to run HDTV through my PC, using the XBox as a media center extension. The idea was to watch everything through the XBox and use the PC as a DVR. It was horrible. It took like 5-10 minutes to turn on all the boxes, get Media Center booted up, and navigate through the menus to watch TV. My wife hated it even more than I did. So I took it apart. Now I have no big screen PC capability or DVR, and the HD antenna just pipes straight into the TV, and the XBox operates through the receiver.

I've got to get back to a situation where everything runs through one box.

I am fucking terrible at the new Fifa.

Agreed. Me as well. It must just be affecting Arsenal fans.

My friend watched my first match and was clowning me the whole time. I kept swearing that I was much better at Fifa.

I don't see hardly any difference in it at all. Other than I hit the post with more of my shots, which is unbelievable considering how many time I hit it in 13

I don't see hardly any difference in it at all. Other than I hit the post with more of my shots, which is unbelievable considering how many time I hit it in 13

My very first goal I beat the keeper on his post by hitting it and having it ricochet it.

Back