• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

I dunno. Kenway is always jumping on things I don't want him to, getting stuck on random shit or locking into the wrong guys. Some of that can be user error but I've played the game well over 50 hours now.

The ship battles are very well done but I have come to dread the parts of the game where I'm off the ship. If I never have to tail another character again I'll be ecstatic.

I didn't think the controls were so bad, but I played all the other ACs so I'm pretty comfortable running on roofs, etc. The trick is not to use free run as much as you think.

AMEN about the damn "tail" missions. There was way too much of that in ACIV. My favorite missions have always been ones where I can kill a bunch of people and then escape a castle or something. They didn't have enough of that this time around.

I've been thinking lately that the AC franchise needs to start reinventing itself, though. The naval stuff in ACIV was cool, but the rest of the game and its mechanics are pretty much unchanged from ACII. Certain parts of the game have been boring for 4+ installments now (like the useless money/loot system) and could really use an overhaul.

Figure gamers might be interested in this. There's an article in the Guardian about how Britain's GCHQ collected webcam images from millions of Yahoo users, including sexually explicit images. The article also mentions this:
Optic Nerve was just one of a series of GCHQ efforts at biometric detection, whether for target recognition or general security.

While the documents do not detail efforts as widescale as those against Yahoo users, one presentation discusses with interest the potential and capabilities of the Xbox 360's Kinect camera, saying it generated "fairly normal webcam traffic" and was being evaluated as part of a wider program.

Documents previously revealed in the Guardian showed the NSA were exploring the video capabilities of game consoles for surveillance purposes.

Microsoft, the maker of Xbox, faced a privacy backlash last year when details emerged that the camera bundled with its new console, the Xbox One, would be always-on by default.

Beyond webcams and consoles, GCHQ and the NSA looked at building more detailed and accurate facial recognition tools, such as iris recognition cameras – "think Tom Cruise in Minority Report", one presentation noted.

The same presentation talks about the strange means the agencies used to try and test such systems, including whether they could be tricked. One way of testing this was to use contact lenses on detailed mannequins.

To this end, GCHQ has a dummy nicknamed "the Head", one document noted.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/27/gchq-nsa-webcam-images-internet-yahoo?CMP=twt_gu

I have to say my least favorite parts of any AC game were "chase" missions. I always had to replay them 30 times to get it right, and forget about doing any optional side missions that involved chasing. So frustrating.

I love the game but I'm kinda tired of the chase missions...At first I tried to get 100% sync and stay out of combat like the objective says, but it gets too annoying having to redo everything just because you were spotted once and couldn't find cover in time.

I love the game but I'm kinda tired of the chase missions...At first I tried to get 100% sync and stay out of combat like the objective says, but it gets too annoying having to redo everything just because you were spotted once and couldn't find cover in time.

i can't imagine the amount of time and repetition it would take me to get 100% sync on any AC game. Peeps who can do that either have way too much time on their hands or are crazy good at video games (which, I guess, just goes back to having too much time on your hands). Sometimes I would miss one objective and feel like I "almost" had it and go back and re-try, but overall it's just not worth it.

twitchplayspokemon beat the game last night. Took them 16 days. The final battle was recorded here.

Looks like another twitchplays stream starts tomorrow. No word yet on what game they'll be playing.

So what is the official clan of teh boards in clash of clans? Finally got around to rebuilding mah castle

Wish it had 2-player co-op, but I guess that would only slow me down anyway. Going to binge it for the rest of the week leading into Titanfall.

edit: fuck i need a job

Last edited:
Forgot that was coming out tomorrow. Guess I will just pick it up and miss out on the preorder bonuses. None of that stuff is ever that important anyway.

I accidentally played Stick of Truth for 6 straight hours today. I'm not even sure I'm halfway through the game (though I took 2 hours to explore every nook and cranny of South Park).

Excited to play Stick of Truth at some point.

Got BF4 in the mail today. Not sure I really like it much. I'll give it a few more tries because I was a big fan of BF3 on PC, but it doesn't feel the same.

Excited to play Stick of Truth at some point.

Got BF4 in the mail today. Not sure I really like it much. I'll give it a few more tries because I was a big fan of BF3 on PC, but it doesn't feel the same.

Dont get your hopes up... So many problems with that game and instead of fixing what they have released, they just keep pumping out new expansion packs. Its almost comical how much they botched bf4.

Got about 3hr in South Park tonight. Good old school RPG with a fantastic setting.

Back