• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

Just finished ACIV last night. I really liked the game, but the endless tailing missions got really boring. I think I finished with around 98% sync, and towards the end I didn't really care enough to replay missions over and over again just to "Stay out of combat". I also wished they had given some of the characters more screen time. It was also hard to follow some plot points because you really couldn't pay attention to what some characters were saying due to having to stay out of trouble while tailing them.

I think my favorite sequence was 11 when you had to break Mary and Anne Bonny out of jail, while running across the remains of Calico Jack, hearing the guards talking about how Stede Bonnett wept like a baby when he was hung, and saying goodbye to Charles Vane for the last time.

That said, I've always been in love with the pirate era and love the Caribbean setting, so I'll probably play it straight through again at some point just to experience the shanties, naval warfare, the incredible world and tavern music, and to play games like Faronara. I never even tried Nine Man's Morris either.

I started with AC1 and went straight to IV, so my next plan is to pick up ACII which I hear is the best of the series.

Just finished ACIV last night. I really liked the game, but the endless tailing missions got really boring. I think I finished with around 98% sync, and towards the end I didn't really care enough to replay missions over and over again just to "Stay out of combat". I also wished they had given some of the characters more screen time. It was also hard to follow some plot points because you really couldn't pay attention to what some characters were saying due to having to stay out of trouble while tailing them.

I think my favorite sequence was 11 when you had to break Mary and Anne Bonny out of jail, while running across the remains of Calico Jack, hearing the guards talking about how Stede Bonnett wept like a baby when he was hung, and saying goodbye to Charles Vane for the last time.

That said, I've always been in love with the pirate era and love the Caribbean setting, so I'll probably play it straight through again at some point just to experience the shanties, naval warfare, the incredible world and tavern music, and to play games like Faronara. I never even tried Nine Man's Morris either.

I started with AC1 and went straight to IV, so my next plan is to pick up ACII which I hear is the best of the series.

AC2:Brotherhood was the best, but Ezio is the best character in the AC series by far, so I'd recommend playing 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations (even though Revelations isn't as good). I loved 3 of those games.

AC2:Brotherhood was the best, but Ezio is the best character in the AC series by far, so I'd recommend playing 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations (even though Revelations isn't as good). I loved 3 of those games.

I prefer 2 to brotherhood, but I couldn't get enough Ezio.

I've played around 10 hrs of Stick of Truth at this point. I love it. Haven't encountered the bugs that some of the reviews mentioned (though the cutscene audio went juuuust out of sync at one point). My only real complaint would be that the gameplay's pretty simplistic (HP/PP regenerates after every fight, and you'll generally find yourself using the same 1-2 moves in battle), and it's all very easy (there's only one fight that I've had to replay for losing), but I guess those are givens with a SP game. I'm having a lot of fun just looking for collectables at this point.

I went by Player's Choice in Winston and rented Stick of Truth thanks to this thread. Holy shit, it's fun. Thanks bros.

Titanfallis awesome, guise.

I need to get an Xbox One so that when my buddy gets his and Titanfall, I can play with him...

I'm playing Diablo 3 again. The latest big patch, 2.0, was pretty massive and awesome with regards to loot and...almost everything. Xpac comes out in 2 weeks, should be pretty cool.

Titanfall is awesome. Feel like such a badass when I hear, "Stand by for Titanfall."

Yeah my gamer tag is RedSoxFaithful if anyone wants to play.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah, mine is DeacGeneral. I won't be home until 8 or 9 tonight, but I'll be playing for awhile.

ETA: I'll add that I'm still pretty terrible at this point.

Yeah, mine is DeacGeneral. I won't be home until 8 or 9 tonight, but I'll be playing for awhile.

ETA: I'll add that I'm still pretty terrible at this point.

XBO, I guess?

If so, I'll add and probably be online tonight.

It's right up there, but an entirely different style.

Back