• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

XBOne with a $50 price drop from Nov. 2 through New Year's. That means the Assassin's Creed Unity bundle, which includes Unity and Black Flag (no Kinect) will be $349. That may finally tip me over the edge on buying one, if Unity turns out to be any good.

Is the XBOne backwards compatible? I'm in the middle of an AC2 replay and I recently bought FIFA15. $350 with Unity might be too good to pass up though. Interested to hear from XBone owners whether it's a much improved system over the 360.

No backwards compatibility in either the XBOne or the PS4.

Is the XBOne backwards compatible? I'm in the middle of an AC2 replay and I recently bought FIFA15. $350 with Unity might be too good to pass up though. Interested to hear from XBone owners whether it's a much improved system over the 360.

Not backwards compatible, and the jump to next-gen is a little bit "meh" for both of the new consoles thus far. It's an improved system (especially if you can get the media/tv integration all hooked up), but until the 360 well starts to run dry and you can't get the games you want there it's probably worth waiting. The improvement isn't that drastic.

Nope, but that deal runs through January I think. Also, the MS online store is running deal on top of that one that will let you trade in your old Xbox 360 or PS3 for an additional $100 off, and I think that runs through December 3. So, you could finish your AC2 replay, trade in your Xbox 360 to MS by December 3 and get their Xbox one Assasin's creed bundle for $250, since the Xbox 1 price drop starts on November 2.

Nope, but that deal runs through January I think. Also, the MS online store is running deal on top of that one that will let you trade in your old Xbox 360 or PS3 for an additional $100 off, and I think that runs through December 3. So, you could finish your AC2 replay, trade in your Xbox 360 to MS by December 3 and get their Xbox one Assasin's creed bundle for $250, since the Xbox 1 price drop starts on November 2.

Nice, I have an original loud crappy no hard drive Xbox 360 in a box somewhere.

Xbone folks - Kinect or no Kinect? Recommendations?

Nice, I have an original loud crappy no hard drive Xbox 360 in a box somewhere.

Xbone folks - Kinect or no Kinect? Recommendations?

I have a Kinect but I'm not taking full advantage of it at this point I don't think. Need to take 30 minutes to just figure everything out on it

I am still torn between the XBone and the PS4. I think I am leaning PS4 at this point. My question is this though- is there enough content that is good enough to warrant giving up the PS3 and moving forward only with the new console. I would only get a new one with one of these trade in deals.

I am still torn between the XBone and the PS4. I think I am leaning PS4 at this point. My question is this though- is there enough content that is good enough to warrant giving up the PS3 and moving forward only with the new console. I would only get a new one with one of these trade in deals.

Personally, I still don't think the content is good enough/different enough to get either one yet. However, the Xbox One trade in deal is better, if that matters to you. Plus, I bought the digital version of Destiny, so if I upgrade to an Xbox One by January 15, I get the Destiny digital download for that system as well.

Personally, my biggest differentiator is the controller. I hate the PS Dual Shock controller. Always have. It's way too small for me. I much prefer the Xbox controller, so I'm leaning that way but still unsure I'll get either just yet.

Personally, I still don't think the content is good enough/different enough to get either one yet. However, the Xbox One trade in deal is better, if that matters to you. Plus, I bought the digital version of Destiny, so if I upgrade to an Xbox One by January 15, I get the Destiny digital download for that system as well.

Personally, my biggest differentiator is the controller. I hate the PS Dual Shock controller. Always have. It's way too small for me. I much prefer the Xbox controller, so I'm leaning that way but still unsure I'll get either just yet.

True, but the deal isn't THAT much better than this one http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-you-can-get-a-new-ps4-for-275/1100-6423229/.

I actually like the PS controller, especially the new one.

The main reason I was leaning PS4 though was because I am not a huge fan of the Halo games and I absolutely love MLB the Show.

True, but the deal isn't THAT much better than this one http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-you-can-get-a-new-ps4-for-275/1100-6423229/.

I actually like the PS controller, especially the new one.

The main reason I was leaning PS4 though was because I am not a huge fan of the Halo games and I absolutely love MLB the Show.

There you go then!

I have heard the new Dual Shock 4 controller is MUCH improved and it is definitely bigger. I'll have to go to Best Buy and try both I think. I don't know. Ultimately I will probably have both systems, but whichever one comes in last for me might not be for a LONG time. (I just got a PS3 last Christmas)

There you go then!

I have heard the new Dual Shock 4 controller is MUCH improved and it is definitely bigger. I'll have to go to Best Buy and try both I think. I don't know. Ultimately I will probably have both systems, but whichever one comes in last for me might not be for a LONG time. (I just got a PS3 last Christmas)

Yeah I got a 360 at launch and didn't get a PS3 until 2010. My dilemma is more of the lack of backwards compatibility and whether or not giving up my library of games is worth the upgrade at this point. I'm not sure I will ever get a new system with a little one on the way after the trade-in deals cease (which they eventually will).

That said, I am only about 30% of the way through Black Flag, but other than that I don't have many games I am still working on (although I still play a bit of NCAA football).

That said, I am only about 30% of the way through Black Flag, but other than that I don't have many games I am still working on (although I still play a bit of NCAA football).

Ugh, only 1000 more tailing missions to go until you finish it. I really hope Unity improves on a lot of fronts.

Controller (hate the dual shock) plus Halo means Xbox One for me.

Pretty smart move by Microsoft - I bet there are a lot of people like me who kinda want to upgrade but don't feel the need to rush. $150 off is a solid incentive.

Controller (hate the dual shock) plus Halo means Xbox One for me.

Pretty smart move by Microsoft - I bet there are a lot of people like me who kinda want to upgrade but don't feel the need to rush. $150 off is a solid incentive.

Yup, no doubt. I had zero intention of upgrading until next holiday season, but this might do it. I have an old Xbox 360 Arcade unit I bought as a RROD backup. I could trade that one, get an Xbox 1 for 250 and still keep my other Xbox 360 that I'm actually using until I finish Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption finally.

Ordered Sunset Overdrive. The videos remind me of Jet Set Radio a lot.

Why hasn't anyone just recommended getting both, they're only a few hundred dollars.

Back