• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

Anyone messed around with Pokemon Zeta/Omicron? Apparently its a fan made spin-off that has been very successful on reddit. I'm gonna give it a shot on my work computer and report back

The Xbone price cut to $350 allegedly expires after Christmas. Do people think that will actually happen or will they keep the price at that level indefinitely?

#4 - The heroes are just flat out cooler/more fun. Hearing Arthas growl "FROSTMOURNE HUNGERS" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything a LoL or DoTA hero has ever done. Using the iconic characters they've spent a generation and a half making just helps Blizzard a ton here.

I think Sion's new ultimate is pretty cool/fucking terrifying to play against.

The Xbone price cut to $350 allegedly expires after Christmas. Do people think that will actually happen or will they keep the price at that level indefinitely?

Can you really imagine a technology price increase?

Can you really imagine a technology price increase?

Yeah it stays that price I'm sure.

I picked up an Assasin's Creed bundle Xbox One with the Kinect this week. The trade deal and price drop were too good to pass up. I also got a copy of Forza 5 and Reaper of Souls so I could port over my 360 characters. Got Destiny for Xbox one because I had bought the digital download for 360.

I'm definitely enjoying it so far. Actually really like having the Kinect so far. Hoping it doesn't get tossed to the side and they continue to bring more functionality to it. Kind of cool having my media run through it. Pretty easy set up.

Yeah it stays that price I'm sure.

I picked up an Assasin's Creed bundle Xbox One with the Kinect this week. The trade deal and price drop were too good to pass up. I also got a copy of Forza 5 and Reaper of Souls so I could port over my 360 characters. Got Destiny for Xbox one because I had bought the digital download for 360.

I'm definitely enjoying it so far. Actually really like having the Kinect so far. Hoping it doesn't get tossed to the side and they continue to bring more functionality to it. Kind of cool having my media run through it. Pretty easy set up.

Spoilers: It's already been tossed to the side. They just had several Kinect focused or exclusive games come out over the past couple months that they completely failed to promote in any manner whatsoever. The Kinect is essentially dead, and was as soon as they made it an optional accessory.

Spoilers: It's already been tossed to the side. They just had several Kinect focused or exclusive games come out over the past couple months that they completely failed to promote in any manner whatsoever. The Kinect is essentially dead, and was as soon as they made it an optional accessory.

Yeah, I kind of assumed/knew that, but I"m still holding out hope that modders will continue to do cool stuff for it and at least MS might add some patches for more media integration control.

I kind of hate that MS backed away from the Kinect because it was what really differentiated the One from the PS4. Without it, the One is just a PS4 that's not as powerful as a PS4.

I understand them scrambling to get some sales back though.

It could have had some really cool integration in the future. As it is, I think it's still nice to use for exercise programs, and the media integration that is there is pretty cool.

Yeah, I'd probably pick one up just for media integration/automatic signing on via face recognition/etc. Whenever I've used the xbone that's been super cool and convenient (and being able to boss it around).

can anyone comment on the disadvantages of buying and downloading a game from the xbox live marketplace as opposed to buying the hard copy?

can anyone comment on the disadvantages of buying and downloading a game from the xbox live marketplace as opposed to buying the hard copy?

The only disadvantage is you can't sell it. There's an installation time for all discs, so unless your dowload speeds are slow, you're not losing a ton of time.

traded in the xbox 360 for a xbox one and will get the latter with the assassins creed bundle whenever that credit comes through. thanks for the thoughts on kinect vs. no kinect, any other opinions there? i enjoyed it for 360, but the novelty sort of wore off after a month or two.

Bought Watchdogs last night. Obviously haven't made it very far, but I have yet to figure out what the hate for it was all about.

Bought Watchdogs last night. Obviously haven't made it very far, but I have yet to figure out what the hate for it was all about.

I liked it. The driving controls kinda stunk, but outside of that, I enjoyed it.

I'm a little over halfway through Shadows of Mordor now. I was starting to think the world was a little stale and too small, but then, holy shit, I did a mission that opened up an entire other map!

Really dig this game. I probably won't play it to completion once I finish the main story, but still... it's been fun.

Big week coming up! AssU and FC4 coming out. And I'll be on a business trip.

Back