• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

I'm tempted to do some ordering of Civs 2-5, but I won't.

Civ IV and V
City of Heroes/Villains
Starcraft
Descent: Freespace

Some tough omissions, I think on a different day my frame of mind may have me list a completely different set of 4.

Have to say the exchange process for the Xbox One was shockingly easy. Had an old RROD'd original Xbox 360 - it worked but it was so loud and buggy that I'd replaced it with a new one a couple years ago. Took it no questions asked - didn't even test it out - immediate discount and got the AC bundle. I asked if they'd been getting a lot of them and they said yeah - it's been extremely popular. Will be interesting to see how the PS4 and XBone numbers shake out after the Christmas season - the new price points are pretty persuasive.

Not a chance xbone comes back it is already over they are getting desperate. I read an article about a month ago that said ps4 was outselling xbone 5 to 1. Seen ps4 bundles for black friday at $350

Not a chance xbone comes back it is already over they are getting desperate. I read an article about a month ago that said ps4 was outselling xbone 5 to 1. Seen ps4 bundles for black friday at $350

lol

So the Mt Rushmore discussion got me thinking about sports games (MVP 05, NFL 2k5, NBA 2K13, FIFA 15, if you were wondering) and exclusivity licenses. While it looks like the NFL license is EA's as long as they want it, it seems that the MLB license has been up for grabs for a year or so now. I didn't realize that 2K hadn't released a game this year, but if that means we might get an EA baseball game again soon, I am DOWN FOR THAT.

Anyway I want MVP back. Or shit, what are the bros from High Heat up to these days? Those games were pretty solid.

My favorite sports games will pretty much always be the college games. If paying NCAA players means we can get those games back I'm down.

I just love recruiting and putting together SICK teams so much. You can't get that feeling in pro sports games because of the way drafts are set up by default. In College games you are rewarded for building a DOMINANT program by having an easier time recruiting.

I still played NCAA 2k8 college hoops up until the point my old 360 crapped out on me.

So the Mt Rushmore discussion got me thinking about sports games (MVP 05, NFL 2k5, NBA 2K13, FIFA 15, if you were wondering) and exclusivity licenses. While it looks like the NFL license is EA's as long as they want it, it seems that the MLB license has been up for grabs for a year or so now. I didn't realize that 2K hadn't released a game this year, but if that means we might get an EA baseball game again soon, I am DOWN FOR THAT.

Anyway I want MVP back. Or shit, what are the bros from High Heat up to these days? Those games were pretty solid.

NFL Blitz
NBA Jam
Madden 95 (Sega Genesis)
RAP JAM VOLUME ONE

I am surprised that someone with such a strong education like an MBA from liberty university would be so wrong. Have PS4 sales outpaced xbox one sales, yes. Is it 5 to 1, lol what a fucking dipshit. Try 10 million units to 13.5 million units, with the price cut xbox one sales are outpacing PS4 sales now. Let me break it down for you 10 million to 13.5 million is not 5 to 1, it's not even 2 to 1.

guilhermehoppe1984glorious_pc_gaming_master_race_by_sasukekun17-d7mdjvo.jpg

Yeah, the Xbox seems to have come around after a dismal start. Good for competition.

MVP Baseball from EA Sports was not that great, and that's why it disappeared. High Heat Baseball was very solid although that studio later became what is now MLB The Show, if I recall, which are still really solid games.

Back