• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

Raleigh, AC1 is a terrible game with repetitive missions and a mind-numbing story.

Two was much better, all-around.

This is what I thought about AC1 as well, but I decided to give AC2 a shot and have been hooked ever since.

Also, I am very excited for the new season of League.

This has been on for a while it is ok. It seems they get further and further away from fantasy football but thought the premiere was really good.

This has been on for a while it is ok. It seems they get further and further away from fantasy football but thought the premiere was really good.

I was talking about League of Legends, but I enjoy both!

Ooops my bad lol. It has been a while since I computer gamed so I am out of the loop unless it is on ps3/ps4.

I got bored with Assassin's Creed pretty early in the series. It was so repetitive. The controls were easy, I thought. Meh.

Getting MCC tonight I think.

I got bored with Assassin's Creed pretty early in the series. It was so repetitive. The controls were easy, I thought. Meh.

Getting MCC tonight I think.
I don't think the controls are hard. I just don't think they work very well.

It's been ABOUT three months since I quit Dota. I miss it. I just know that I was pretty addicted to it, and I'd rather not spend all my free time playing it.

:(

Damn, you must have been really hooked. I play League every now and then, but I wouldn't consider myself addicted.

Ubisoft taking a lot of heat for their embargo of reviews until 12 PM EST today. Also, micro transactions were apparently hidden in copies sent to reviewers

Ubisoft taking a lot of heat for their embargo of reviews until 12 PM EST today. Also, micro transactions were apparently hidden in copies sent to reviewers

I assume for AssU even though FC4 came out today too.

Unity. Kind of disappointing. Highest rating I've seen is a 7.8

Halo MCC is glorious. I haven't really jumped into multiplayer but I'm going to go for some SWAT sometime soon if the issues appear resolved. I really hope they'd consider re-releasing Halo Reach for the One as that is my favorite game.

Disappointed to hear the reviews for AC Unity are not that good. I was definitely looking forward to it but I guess I'll wait on more people's opinions. Or I might just go with either GTA 5 (had the 360 version) or The Crew, which I really enjoyed as a beta.

Last edited:
Master Chief Collection is going to be phenomenal I can already tell. Played through some campaign and it feels like it always has, its wonderful. Graphics are better but not phenomenal by any means. Cutscenes are so detailed and look amazing though. Can't wait for 343 to fix the multiplayer, hopefully overnight. I just want to go play some Halo 2 multiplayer. Multiplayer aspects look awesome, different playlists encompass one or multiple of the games. So you can have some playlists that hold maps from Halo 1 and 3, or 2 and 3, or 1-4, ect. Lots of great customization. Waiting to see how multiplayer online is, but if its anything like it was its going to be great. I get such a feeling of nostalgia from when I played H2 back in high school. Pretty impressed so far with the game

ASSbundle and xbox one coming in tomorrow. The issues brought up in a lot of the reviews of ASSu (finicky controls, unrefined stealth, uninteresting main character) are definitely not dealbreakers for me. No, the other protagonists have not been up to Ezio's level, but these games are still a ton of fun.

also got fifa, titanfall and Halo MCC. I need to play through these a little before expanding the library any more, but I'm really excited.

ASSbundle and xbox one coming in tomorrow. The issues brought up in a lot of the reviews of ASSu (finicky controls, unrefined stealth, uninteresting main character) are definitely not dealbreakers for me. No, the other protagonists have not been up to Ezio's level, but these games are still a ton of fun.

also got fifa, titanfall and Halo MCC. I need to play through these a little before expanding the library any more, but I'm really excited.

I don't know if you've already played FIFA 15 yet or not on your older 360, but it is pretty fantastic. One of my favorite iterations (despite the fact that I can't play defense for shit).

We'll have to link up for some Halo MCC multiplayer sometime (assuming they ever get it fixed).

I think I'm in the minority here, but FIFA on xbone is such a big leap over FIFA on 360 right now. Everything feels better.

Master Chief Collection is going to be phenomenal I can already tell. Played through some campaign and it feels like it always has, its wonderful. Graphics are better but not phenomenal by any means. Cutscenes are so detailed and look amazing though. Can't wait for 343 to fix the multiplayer, hopefully overnight. I just want to go play some Halo 2 multiplayer. Multiplayer aspects look awesome, different playlists encompass one or multiple of the games. So you can have some playlists that hold maps from Halo 1 and 3, or 2 and 3, or 1-4, ect. Lots of great customization. Waiting to see how multiplayer online is, but if its anything like it was its going to be great. I get such a feeling of nostalgia from when I played H2 back in high school. Pretty impressed so far with the game

I'm off to bad a start with it. Not that it's the game's fault entirely, but I wasn't aware I had to set my Xbox to stay on (I kind of thought it would do it itself?) to completely download and install the game, so when I got home from work last night I wasn't far enough downloaded to play Halo or Assassin's Creed. Had trouble to not both say "queued" and to get one to actually start installing, so I couldn't even play Halo until 9:15. Then it turns out you can't play any multiplayer at all without having all of the Halos downloaded (makes sense though), so I had to play Halo 1. I've never played through the first, so that was fine, but I was experiencing some annoying audio issues with it (reported by many folks, mostly audio tracks playing over each other).

Apparently multiplayer is a horrible mess, with partying not working right, game mode not allowing the correct number of player, standard team slayer not being 4v4 but instead sometimes being 4v2v1v1, many people taking 20+ minutes to find a game, etc etc. I hope 343 can get it all fixed up, because I want me some Halo!

I think I'm in the minority here, but FIFA on xbone is such a big leap over FIFA on 360 right now. Everything feels better.

I went to a GameStop last year, and via the display consoles that opinion was the only thing that I left the store with.

Back