• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

Yepz, why can't I stay interested in games anymoar!

apparently curt schilling's studio's game is good. might consider picking it up after i get bored of skyrim

I've read some of the reviews. I don't necessarily care about the gameplay. I want a good, immersive and awe-inspiring story. By all accounts, that game does not have one.

I like Battlefield 3, kind of.

I'm having some difficulty adapting. I get a large majority of my points from flag caps and vehicle kills. I've chosen to go the support route and I get pretty manhandled by everyone. The snipers are everywhere in this game.

I'm surprised by how well my video card runs it. I can't wait to see what a latest gen card will do.

Started Skyrim back up today. Why did I stop playing for over a month? Such an awesome game. Still havent touched the main mission past visiting the elder guys up on the mountain.

I have not played in a while myself I have just been super busy. I have done little past that as I was trying to knock off all these side quest and level up before beating the game.

Started Skyrim back up today. Why did I stop playing for over a month? Such an awesome game. Still havent touched the main mission past visiting the elder guys up on the mountain.

I suspect that I will have 50/50 achievements by the end of the weekend. It will be entirely worth it.

Haven't played much MW3 lately...I've been trying out BF2, and MW2 which have been pretty fun. The maps in MW2 are generally bigger, and the gameplay between BF2 is much different. I wish the M24 sniper rifle was a little more powerful though - for such a high damage rating I would have expected more damage from a single shot.

Anyone heard much about Final Fantasy XIII-2. I normally don't like sequels of these types of games and X-2 was not very good, but some of the new features look pretty cool in this one. Plus they bring back chocobo racing from VII, which is one of my favorite things from the series. Debating if I should buy this or not.

Anyone heard much about Final Fantasy XIII-2. I normally don't like sequels of these types of games and X-2 was not very good, but some of the new features look pretty cool in this one. Plus they bring back chocobo racing from VII, which is one of my favorite things from the series. Debating if I should buy this or not.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff13-2/reviews/ff13-2strev1.html

I usually find myself agreeing with many of the reviews at this site. I haven't played this one or XIII, so I can't give you a personal opinion. From what I've read, it generally fixes some of the issues with XIII, but has some other issues of it's own. Still, if you liked XIII, it seems like you will like this one.

I'm not playing MW3 like I played MW2. This will probably be my last Call of Duty game for a few years.

I am quite sure it will be mine for a while. I hated MW2 and I really am not a fan of MW3. I have tried and tried to like it, but there is just so much about it that I consider wrong.

I did like Black Ops. I may go back to playing that for a while.

BF3 is good, but I don't play it enough to really be much of a help to my team in objective games.

I've been getting better at BF3. It took me awhile to get used to an FPS again. I haven't played one in several years.

BF3 has a lot going for it. I can at least help out by spotting, re-supplying ammo, med kits, etc.

I just really struggle to kill anyone in BF3. My typical stats end being something like 3-4 kills and me dying 10 or more times. But I am still often a high scoring player because I am doing other things.

Other things, however, are not flying helicopters or jets around. I am the worst pilot ever. I need to set up some private matches and just go learn how to fly.

I'm pretty much the same way. I get killed quite a bit and normally end up with a .5 kill to death ratio. I enjoy the larger maps and sometimes I die even more, but like you said, I mostly make up for it with capping flags or riding/driving tanks.

Back