• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Villanova

This is incorrect. We have many interactions and agreements with WSSU, in a variety of classes and schools. For example, it was announced just a few days ago that the schools are working together on a concussion study.

Please take a note for me, AD schill. Tell Ron Wellman to go fuck himself.

Thanks!

It was covered pretty extensively - you and TheReff must have missed it. I provided it as a recent high profile collaboration between the two schools to counter TheReff's statement, "...we have nothing to do with WSSU, so we make it extremely hard on our minority athletes to exist with a campus life...," which is incorrect. There are many other examples of the two schools working closely together, and our athletes interact with their's quite a bit. Just a few weeks ago the two schools collaborated on NFL Pro Day. The first line from the W-S Journal story on this is, "Winston-Salem State is lucky to have a good working relationship with Wake Forest, especially when it comes to NFL Pro Day."

how does this help with chicks ya noob

It was covered pretty extensively - you and TheReff must have missed it. I provided it as a recent high profile collaboration between the two schools to counter TheReff's statement, "...we have nothing to do with WSSU, so we make it extremely hard on our minority athletes to exist with a campus life...," which is incorrect. There are many other examples of the two schools working closely together, and our athletes interact with their's quite a bit. Just a few weeks ago the two schools collaborated on NFL Pro Day. The first line from the W-S Journal story on this is, "Winston-Salem State is lucky to have a good working relationship with Wake Forest, especially when it comes to NFL Pro Day."

You still don't get it do you?

You still don't get it do you?

Enlighten me. There is a lot more interaction, socially and academically, between Wake and WSSU now than when you went to Wake. There isn't a formal program for Wake students to take classes at WSSU (though there is for WSSU students to take classes at Wake - with the neuroscience minor being an example), but the schools currently have a good relationship and the students interact a lot (especially African American students).

This is incorrect. We have many interactions and agreements with WSSU, in a variety of classes and schools. For example, it was announced just a few days ago that the schools are working together on a concussion study.

Along with Toyota !

No idea what it's like today, but in the 1980s, many of WF's athletes, particularly basketball players, took healthy advantage of their "ACC" celebrity status by successfully socializing at WSSU. Would be surprised if that practice does not continue.

Enlighten me. There is a lot more interaction, socially and academically, between Wake and WSSU now than when you went to Wake. There isn't a formal program for Wake students to take classes at WSSU (though there is for WSSU students to take classes at Wake - with the neuroscience minor being an example), but the schools currently have a good relationship and the students interact a lot (especially African American students).

And the bolded is why this relationship between WFU/WSSU isn't the recruiting advantage that the Duke/NCC relationship is. It's fine and dandy that WFU is working with WSSU, but it doesn't help our athletes at all.

I knew there was a reason Duke was better than us. Thanks for figuring it out, guys

Exactly correct and we have nothing to do with WSSU, so we make it extremely hard on our minority athletes to exist with a campus life, much less academically. We continue to shoot ourselves in the foot in every way imaginable.

..how about Salem College? or NCSA...those artsy types can be, you know...experimental...

When Teague, LD, Ish and that crew was here they were supposedly hooking it with HS girls from the HS I attended.

I should of known that they would never win anything if they had to resort to that.

After Shaka turned Wake down, there weren't many other choices out there at the time Manning was hired. ...l.

Not true. We could have had Ben Howland, a proven winner at the highest major levels at Pitt and UCLA.

A bit off topic, but nonetheless it is crazy to me that every story about Ryan Arch is about how both parents went to Nova & he has been a "Nova guy" his whole life while going to school in Philly. Rewind 5 years ago & Bzdelick was putting the most recruiting energy in getting him to come to Wake. That man was so delusional and had zero pulse of the world he was hired to be apart of.

Meanwhile fewer and fewer kids are growing up as "Wake guys" because of Wellman.

Back