• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VOTE AGAINST

New vote "for" advertisement

They quote three non family law professors from Campbell. This long list of family law professors agree that the amendment will hurt families. Suzanne Reynolds who wrote the NC treatise on family law is one of the co-signers.
Jean Cary
Professor of Law, Campbell Law School

Scott Sigman
Associate Professor, Charlotte School of Law

Katharine Bartlett
A. Kenneth Pye Professor of Law, Duke Law School

Kathryn Bradley
Professor of the Practice of Law Director of Legal Ethics, Duke Law School

Carolyn McAllaster
Clinical Professor of Law Director, Duke Legal Project, Duke Law School

Sonya Garza Assistant
Professor, Elon School of Law

Kia H. Vernon
Assistant Professor of Law, North Carolina Central School of Law

Maxine Eichner
Reef C. Ivey II Professor of Law, UNC School of Law

Holning S. Lau
Associate Professor, UNC School of Law

Jennifer Collins
Professor of Law, Wake Forest School of Law

Suzanne Reynolds
Executive Associate Dean and Professor of Law, Wake Forest School of Law

They quote three non family law professors from Campbell. This long list of family law professors agree that the amendment will hurt families. Suzanne Reynolds who wrote the NC treatise on family law is one of the co-signers.
Jean Cary
Professor of Law, Campbell Law School

Scott Sigman
Associate Professor, Charlotte School of Law

Katharine Bartlett
A. Kenneth Pye Professor of Law, Duke Law School

Kathryn Bradley
Professor of the Practice of Law Director of Legal Ethics, Duke Law School

Carolyn McAllaster
Clinical Professor of Law Director, Duke Legal Project, Duke Law School

Sonya Garza Assistant
Professor, Elon School of Law

Kia H. Vernon
Assistant Professor of Law, North Carolina Central School of Law

Maxine Eichner
Reef C. Ivey II Professor of Law, UNC School of Law

Holning S. Lau
Associate Professor, UNC School of Law

Jennifer Collins
Professor of Law, Wake Forest School of Law

Suzanne Reynolds
Executive Associate Dean and Professor of Law, Wake Forest School of Law

So the opinions are mixed.

I think if we made everyone who was going to vote read this thread we wouldn't have any people left to vote. It's 67 pages long and keeper, bkf, etc. have far to many posts on here to make it bearable to read.

I will say that this thread has made me think much more about this ammendment and the broader issues around it which in turn has probably made the difference in me sitting at home on May 8th and going to the polls. There's not much on here that has effected my opinion on this issue though.

hooray!!!

Keeper made a claim. I asked a simple question. All I want is a simple answer to see if he is a liar as well as a disgrace to the human race. There would be no "pissing match" if that sorry POS would just answer the question instead of making his short, smartass, meaningless stupid responses. All the Republicans on this board should be proud of this guy. He truly represents what their Party stands for today.

Disproportionate Reaction Jackson is in the lobby if you need him.

Also many on here earlier were asking how I would vote on this ammendment. I responded privately to a couple of you but figured I would go ahead and respond publicly as well. I am voting against because of the impact this ammendment will have on many of my friends and their families. I am also voting against because this ammendment moves the law further away from where I believe it should be in regards to marriage.

Good for you man. It's the right thing to do, regardless of your stance on same-sex marriage.

On a serious note, how would you respond if your minister stood at the pulpit and preached such reckless hate and biggotry? Do you sit quietly, walk out, speak up? What would you do?

I was in a sermon Sunday and all that was mentioned was an encouragement from the pastor to go and vote because the amendment was on the ballot. I seriously debated getting up and leaving but out of respect for my father I did not. I did decide that I would no longer attend the church when I am home visiting my family, which will be awkward but I no longer feel that I have to sit and listen to someone that I disagree completely with what they are teaching to their congregation. If I had been in that church in Fayetteville, I would have been gone at the beginning of the sermon.

I took three people with me today to register and vote against Amendment One. More than glad to do my part on this civil rights matter.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Deacsfan27 again.

Also many on here earlier were asking how I would vote on this ammendment. I responded privately to a couple of you but figured I would go ahead and respond publicly as well. I am voting against because of the impact this ammendment will have on many of my friends and their families. I am also voting against because this ammendment moves the law further away from where I believe it should be in regards to marriage.

farther

Should the ammendment fail where do you folks plan to have your victory party?

keeper, your constant corrections on grammar are easily overlooked as simply being your troll nature. However, you really do look foolish correcting "futher" in those cases as it is not incorrect.

See: further, adjective. More, extended, additional, beyond.

Last edited:
Not that the "Grammar Girl" is going to convince you but this was the first google hit and, since I know she's right, it's as good as any. http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/further-versus-farther.aspx

LITERAL DISTANCE - FARTHER. METAPHORICAL DISTANCE - FURTHER. The beauty of this rule is that it's not hard and fast (similar to you and your wife - ba dum dum).

The distance RC107 refers to is metaphorical. Now let's keep this thread on topic (I apologize for contributing to taking it off course).

Last edited:

19841463.jpg

keeper, your constant corrections on grammar are easily overlooked as simply being your troll nature. However, you really do look foolish correcting "futher" in those cases as it is not incorrect.

See: further, adjective. More, extended, additional, beyond.

I'm not familiar with the word futher.

Back