• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VT LOLOLOL / NCSU Up on Duke

State melted mentally down the stretch, surprising approximately zero people in America.

I'm glad they lost just because Hodge was there. If not for that, I'd be pissed.

The protectionism of the UNC and Duke has become obvious. They're the cash cows and the conference isn't about to risk anything otherwise.

I hope Gottfried goes absolutely bat shit crazy in his presser. That was a late-term abortion of an officiating job.

I'm not arguing that State didn't get jobbed by the officials. But if they had played with the same intensity, they wouldn't have lost. As many before them, they began to play not to lose, which invariably leads to the opposite result.

I'm not arguing that State didn't get jobbed by the officials. But if they had played with the same intensity, they wouldn't have lost. As many before them, they began to play not to lose, which invariably leads to the opposite result.

If we didn't have a 7 man rotation and 3 guys with 4 fouls with about 15 minutes left, maybe we could have played with a bit more intensity :plos:

So, how long is this allowed to continue? Given that 10 other member institutions and their fans KNOW this is occurring, just how long will this be allowed? This is beyond a team playing with intensity to overcome three officials on the take. This is a systemic problem and screams of an ESPN 30/30 in about 10 years once some official comes clean.

This is a consistent pattern. We're not talking about some fluke of a game where things just "went crazy". When things are rotten to the core, there are HUGE problems for the long-term.

Last edited:
This is the first time that I haven't been proud to be an ACC fan.
Duke @ UMd in 2004? and there have been a couple of VT @ Duke jobs too. Didn't see this game but there have been some egregious ones in recent memory. Hell, I still think the Ish Smith (@ Duke) shot block/flagrant foul was one of the worst calls in ACC history.

So, how long is this allowed to continue? Given that 10 other member institutions and their fans KNOW this is occurring, just how long will this be allowed? This is beyond a team playing with intensity to overcome three officials on the take. This is a systemic problem and screams of an ESPN 30/30 in about 10 years once some official comes clean.

If an official confesses K will have to have him eliminated.

My body is numb, i dont even know what to say....hurts. I could see it coming, but wow it sucks, loss for words (besides flipping shit at my house)

Rick Barnes essentially left the conference because of it.

It's funny to look at the box score of duke, and to a lesser extent, unc games. Most of the fouls are called on bench players while their starters who play 2-3 times the minutes have 1-3 fouls the whole game. In this game, duke only had 3 less fold than state, but they were all on bench players. Their starters have very little, the opposite to state's who had 3 foul out.

I hope Gottfried goes absolutely bat shit crazy in his presser. That was a late-term abortion of an officiating job.

Gottfried bitches as much as any coach in the ACC.

Question for all of you that think the officials had a hand in this game (not disagreeing with you), do you think the game was evenly called between the two teams but called tight in the second half which benefit Duke, or just not evenly called at all.

Back