• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wait, she didn't even show up to the debate?

Pretty bad tactical decision IMO. We certainly have two people who are not very politically savvy running for office. Doesn't change my opinion on who to vote for between a moderate senator and a man trapped in the 1840's responsible for facilitating North Carolina's descent into the backwater south instead of retaining the characteristics of a progressive mid-atlanticesque state, but it doesn't help Hagan's cause with the general electorate I would imagine.

Nobody watches that shit anyway. I didn't even know there was a debate or whatever last night and I'm engaged with the election.

Pretty bad tactical decision IMO. We certainly have two people who are not very politically savvy running for office. Doesn't change my opinion on who to vote for between a moderate senator and a man trapped in the 1840's responsible for facilitating North Carolina's descent into the backwater south instead of retaining the characteristics of a progressive mid-atlanticesque state, but it doesn't help Hagan's cause with the general electorate I would imagine.

I don't understand anything about the move. It unnecessarily breathes life into the recent allegations of abusing her public position for private gain. I think she announced she was planning on skipping it ahead of those allegations, but even Thom Tillis can make this look bad for her. Tone deaf move, IMO.

She was probably at a cocktail party raising money!

Nobody watches that shit anyway. I didn't even know there was a debate or whatever last night and I'm engaged with the election.

I think this is the answer. That having been said, no way I would have skipped the debate.

She must be really comfortable with her internal polling. Hope hers is more accurate that Romney's was in 2012.

Can someone give me an objective run down of the Hagan allegations? I've seen the initial reports from newspapers and the one politico article but don't even see anything about the "scandal" anywhere else right now other than the typical right-wing sites trumping up the story.

I can't tell if it's actually an issue or not but the lack of the story that I can find at least, in the "mainstream media" leads me to believe there's not a lot of smoke on that one.

Either way just attend the debates and live talk shows that the election calls for and you'll be fine. Hagan didn't skip the debate because she was unable to field anything Tillis was tossing her way because god knows anyone could address 99% of anything he says, so no reason to give an appearance that is what you're doing.

What allegations? That she missed some committee meetings? WGAF?

What allegations? That she missed some committee meetings? WGAF?

No, no, no...now the story is she voted for the stimulus (that every Democrat voted for) and her husband's company got some of the stimulus money (already existing company at the time of the stimulus although it does seem that they were not making much money, if any, at that stage).

Can someone give me an objective run down of the Hagan allegations? I've seen the initial reports from newspapers and the one politico article but don't even see anything about the "scandal" anywhere else right now other than the typical right-wing sites trumping up the story.

I can't tell if it's actually an issue or not but the lack of the story that I can find at least, in the "mainstream media" leads me to believe there's not a lot of smoke on that one.

Either way just attend the debates and live talk shows that the election calls for and you'll be fine. Hagan didn't skip the debate because she was unable to field anything Tillis was tossing her way because god knows anyone could address 99% of anything he says, so no reason to give an appearance that is what you're doing.

That's why this was weird to me. Not sure how an incumbent Senator (who always run against the allegation they've gone native in DC) can think that Tweeting a debate in is going to cut it. I asked the same question you did..."you're afraid of Thom Tillis? Why even give that impression?"

Not that Thom Tillis won't fail to walk through the opening she left him.

No, no, no...now the story is she voted for the stimulus (that every Democrat voted for) and her husband's company got some of the stimulus money (already existing company at the time of the stimulus although it does seem that they were not making much money, if any, at that stage).

Oh that? Nobody seems to be running with it.

Winning thread title. Dumb as Shit winner, but winning nonetheless.

That's why this was weird to me. Not sure how an incumbent Senator (who always run against the allegation they've gone native in DC) can think that Tweeting a debate in is going to cut it. I asked the same question you did..."you're afraid of Thom Tillis? Why even give that impression?"

Not that Thom Tillis won't fail to walk through the opening she left him.

They've had a couple debates already. I didn't even know there was another one. It wasn't advertised like the previous ones, for sure.

o7mvz5.jpg

i thought you guys liked it when the government doesn't do anything

I wonder what percentage of people who voted for Hagan six years ago will vote for Tillis this time. Under 5%? I mean if you didn't vote for Dole you sure as hell aren't voting for Tillis

The only logic I can think of is that person got considerably more conservative or had a 2&2 like reaction to Dole.

I'm not sure we could have two worse candidates running. At least if Cooper were running for this seat, it would be an auto-vote for the other candidate.

Back