• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wait, she didn't even show up to the debate?

We're about 3 months away from 485 being fully joined after about 30 years of half-assed Democrat construction. McCrory could fire every single teacher in the state and take a dump on their final paychecks and his tenure would still be a rousing success in my opinion. But I'm not voting for Tillis or Hagan.

I love this post so much.

I never realized how confusing my home state is.

We're about 3 months away from 485 being fully joined after about 30 years of half-assed Democrat construction. McCrory could fire every single teacher in the state and take a dump on their final paychecks and his tenure would still be a rousing success in my opinion. But I'm not voting for Tillis or Hagan.

Thanks Bev Purdue

Residents of Mecklenburg County in North Carolina, USA, have long needed an additional route to ease traffic and increase mobility in the Charlotte metropolitan area. Sections of Interstate 485 (I-485) have already opened to the east, south and west of the city, and Governor Beverly Purdue has made completing the northern section of the highway a top priority.

We are teaming with Blythe Construction to help the North Carolina Department of Transportation complete the I-485 outer loop using design-build delivery and innovative interchange design to increase safety and speed project delivery. Design of this $140 million project began in June of 2010, with construction scheduled to be complete by December of 2014.

http://cdmsmith.com/en-US/Solutions/Transportation/Closing-the-Loop-NCDOT-I485.aspx

Thanks Bev Purdue

Residents of Mecklenburg County in North Carolina, USA, have long needed an additional route to ease traffic and increase mobility in the Charlotte metropolitan area. Sections of Interstate 485 (I-485) have already opened to the east, south and west of the city, and Governor Beverly Purdue has made completing the northern section of the highway a top priority.

We are teaming with Blythe Construction to help the North Carolina Department of Transportation complete the I-485 outer loop using design-build delivery and innovative interchange design to increase safety and speed project delivery. Design of this $140 million project began in June of 2010, with construction scheduled to be complete by December of 2014.

http://cdmsmith.com/en-US/Solutions/Transportation/Closing-the-Loop-NCDOT-I485.aspx

OOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPSSSSSSS

Lenoir, the Caldwell county seat, not in Lenoir county.

Good ones by everybody. Just a few more:

Cleveland is not in Cleveland County.
Polkton is not in Polk County.
Davidson (the home of Davidson College) is not in Davidson County.
Macon is not in Macon County.
Neither Jonesville nor Jonestown are in Jones County.
Waynesville is not in Wayne County.
Clayton is not in Clay County.

Good ones by everybody. Just a few more:

Cleveland is not in Cleveland County.
Polkton is not in Polk County.
Davidson (the home of Davidson College) is not in Davidson County.
Macon is not in Macon County.
Neither Jonesville nor Jonestown are in Jones County.
Waynesville is not in Wayne County.
Clayton is not in Clay County.

There are a ton of people named Wayne, though.

Okay, that's enough with the towns and counties. We get it.

Biff, get your sorry ass back outside and finish waxing my car. And don't con me, I said two coats.

Thanks Bev Purdue

Apparently you don't realize how often similar bids/promises were made in the past. He pledged to actually get it done this time, and is getting it done. Under Purdue it would have been delayed out another 10 years, as it repeatedly had previously.

Apparently you don't realize how often similar bids/promises were made in the past. He pledged to actually get it done this time, and is getting it done. Under Purdue it would have been delayed out another 10 years, as it repeatedly had previously.

That's just not true. This project started well before McCrory was in ofifce.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/local/2014/10/24/11119877/

Also from that article

Mayor Anthony Foxx pointed out that the original construction schedule called for the last leg from N.C. 115 to I-85 to be started in 2015. Now, the Mayor said, It will be done before it was suppose to get started.

Last edited:
Yes, it started well before he was in office, it started in 1975. Everyone has promsied to get it done and nobody else could/did (and Foxx's input was because of his predeceassor's work pushing it ... I wonder who that was?).

Yes, it started well before he was in office, it started in 1975. Everyone has promsied to get it done and nobody else could/did (and Foxx's input was because of his predeceassor's work ... I wonder who that was?).

tumblr_mt6x7rqbbS1shdotdo1_400.gif

Can you show me anything where people promised to get this done a decade or more ahead of its proposed schedule?

Are you surprised this has been in long term urban planning for 40 years?

Last edited:
Back