• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake +21 @ Clemson - Deacs blow another shot at a Death Valley win

What everyone is failing to understand is that Mitch won the position during the summer and we are going to continue to roll with him. The middle of the season is not the time to try something new, that’s reserved for the offseason.

Secondly, I saw on Twitter that it’s the offensive lines fault that Mitch cant go through his progressions and find an open RB yelling and waving in the flats. I agree with this take, and you should too, anything else may hurt Mitch’s confidence and then where would we be?

I know the fans are use to seeing top 30 offenses out there for Wake, but we have something better now, a proven winner of the offseason at the helm. Now the rest of the offense needs to step up and help him out.

That had to make Not top 10. Absolutely ridiculous.

It’s almost like in his mind he regressed to backyard ball where there are no rules and you just pitch it whenever and however you want.

It screamed to me that he was putting way too much pressure on himself to make a big play, so much that he’s not even thinking straight. And that it would not be a good day for Mitch.

To no one’s surprise except presumably Clawson’s, it wasn’t.

I’m thought that was a designed play, he just threw it forward instead of backwards. If it wasn’t then it’s some of the best field vision he’s had all year.

anything else may hurt Mitch’s confidence and then where would we be?
I mean this in the nicest way possible but what confidence? 9/10ths of the snaps we’ve seen he’s flailing around in the pocket second and triple guessing himself

I get that yeah he’s probably the better option but I just don’t see why we can’t give Kern a shot for a game. Not like we have Orange Bowl aspirations or anything that’d get in the way of

I mean this in the nicest way possible but what confidence? 9/10ths of the snaps we’ve seen he’s flailing around in the pocket second and triple guessing himself

I get that yeah he’s probably the better option but I just don’t see why we can’t give Kern a shot for a game. Not like we have Orange Bowl aspirations or anything that’d get in the way of
I can only imagine that is the reason all other starters are competing to keep their positions while Mitch gets a pass, Clawson doesn’t want to ruin his confidence for next season.

There's one good way to find out if Kern is actually good at his job.
Start him against FSU. Worst case we lose (oh no didn’t see that one coming), best case we win. I really think we should’ve started him against Clemson for that purpose and hell we might’ve actually won, but alas

Do you know how much engineers make right out of undergrad?!?!? A lot more than liberal artists.
I’m rakin’ in the dough as a professional liberal artist (it’s easier to rake pennies and nickels). I may change my email signature to that.

Back