• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake +21 @ Clemson - Deacs blow another shot at a Death Valley win

The gameplan would have been the exact same with any other QB on the roster. Would they have done better than Mitch? We don't know, which I would guess is why people want to see.

I don't care how much coach speak we get. There's zero chance some of these 18-23 year olds aren't at least a little deflated every time Mitch trots back out for another drive (and fails to deliver). I'm not saying they're talking shit about him on the sideline, in the locker room, on campus, etc., but kids are kids, and I imagine there could be some of that going on too.

While a bit cliche, there's certainly the chance that the rest of the team rallies around a well-liked backup QB like Kern and plays better themselves.

I don't care how much coach speak we get. There's zero chance some of these 18-23 year olds aren't at least a little deflated every time Mitch trots back out for another drive (and fails to deliver). I'm not saying they're talking shit about him on the sideline, in the locker room, on campus, etc., but kids are kids, and I imagine there could be some of that going on too.

While a bit cliche, there's certainly the chance that the rest of the team rallies around a well-liked backup QB like Kern and plays better themselves.
This.

I think your first and only step is to realize you’re talking about Ke’Shawn Williams, not Keyshawn Woods (although I do kind of hope he cares he just a little bit)
I had to check if Michael Kern and Keyshawn Woods overlapped at Wake. They didn't, but I agree, I hope he's a passionate Kern-in club member.

My deepest apologies, that's what I get for typing while trying to get a quick lunch in.

I am sure that Mr. Ke'Shawn Williams, who is the most explosive receiver on this team, is frustrated that he is not getting reliable targets and not being given the opportunity to help the team succeed.

This. This is also how you lose a team. If everyone else is fighting for a starting job every week....

Mitch Griffis ran for a first down and threw an illegal forward pass on the opening possession. How many offensive players would never see the field after doing something as completely foolish as the Mitch Pitch?

I haven't watched much this year, but Mitch looked like Ron DeSantis trying to play QB. He is simply too short.

Maybe 2&2 and Windy can recommend some cleats with heels for him.

The gameplan would have been the exact same with any other QB on the roster. Would they have done better than Mitch? We don't know, which I would guess is why people want to see.
I'd like to imagine Kern would've hit Carney or Banks on that one overthrown touchdown pass

Mitch Griffis ran for a first down and threw an illegal forward pass on the opening possession. How many offensive players would never see the field after doing something as completely foolish as the Mitch Pitch?
That had to make Not top 10. Absolutely ridiculous.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!!" I yelled as that happened. The crazy thing is we were a false start penalty away from getting away with it.

Back