• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake +21 @ Clemson - Deacs blow another shot at a Death Valley win

Hecklinski is also on the shorter side and no guarantee.

Yeah, I think we have learned about putting all eggs into one basket. I would hope we're looking at other options in addition to Hecklinski. Let's not get caught in this same situation again.

Yeah, I think we have learned about putting all eggs into one basket. I would hope we're looking at other options in addition to Hecklinski. Let's not get caught in this same situation again.
Charlie Gilliam is at Wake and learning the offense while taking a redshirt year. He should be allowed to compete in 2024.

I hope Clawson gets a regular transfer or an additional QB commit and a grad transfer.

I get a kick out of thinking of the Ethan Albright letter to John Madden after his lowest rating in the NFL when I think about our backup QBs. And now my face hurts from laughing after rereading it. Poor Kern.

It’s also pretty wonderful that my awareness rating was 59. You make it sound like I wake up in the morning, helplessly shit and piss myself, then lose three of my teeth before I discover that I am trying to eat a rock for breakfast. Fuck, John, I understand you saying that I am slow and lacking athleticism, but a rating like this pretty much labels me as retarded. Rod “He Hate Me” Smart has a 52 in this category. Electronic Arts is saying that seven rating points separate me and the breathing embodiment of the perfect oxymoron. Rod Smart struggled to arrange words in sentence form. Cave men had better hold of the English language. The only actions that separate point values of ignorance at this embarrassing level are things like using your own toothbrush to wipe your ass. I basically edged out Rod by my lack of shit teeth. If I take a night school class, could you bump me up to a 60?

I guess I just can’t fathom the fact that I am the absolute worst player rated out of the entire NFL. Fuck, man, there are some shitty guys out there. Amongst everyone, I was rated the absolute worst.

I have received the impression that you feel that I am lacking in the agility category. I should consider a walk through my living room where I don’t crash through a wall or kick over furniture a resounding success. My agility rating on your game is 33. It makes it sound like I just topple over if I start walking too fast. Ted Washington is rated a 40 in agility. He is listed at 365 pounds. If Ted Washington tied a white lady up and made her wear a metal bikini, he’d look just like Jabba the Hut.

https://thejockitch.com/2010/01/04/worst-player-in-madden-2007-strikes-back/

FWIW, PFF rated Griffis as the 3rd best player on the WF offense on Saturday. Griffis was rated as having an average to slightly above average game against Clemson.

The bottom 4 on offense were three OL and a TE. Realize that this Board is obsessed with QB play, but getting another QB does not solve the offense's problems.

Tortured myself to watch the highlights, and late, Griffis actually looked comfortable running the hurry up. I assume CU was in "prevent."

And did Banks drag a toe on the 2-pt conversion?

FWIW, PFF rated Griffis as the 3rd best player on the WF offense on Saturday. Griffis was rated as having an average to slightly above average game against Clemson.

The bottom 4 on offense were three OL and a TE. Realize that this Board is obsessed with QB play, but getting another QB does not solve the offense's problems.
I am convinced PFF exists to gaslight me.

Tortured myself to watch the highlights, and late, Griffis actually looked comfortable running the hurry up. I assume CU was in "prevent."

And did Banks drag a toe on the 2-pt conversion?
Banks should wear white cleats for that reason. Or maybe green.

I don't think PFF has a metric to quantify when there's a nice pocket and a QB randomly steps up 4 yards to plow into a DL who is being blocked. Maybe it has a metric to quantify the level of wide-openness a receiver is on a critical 3rd/4th down, but I also doubt it.

This board goes around and around in circles about Griffis, as if a QB transfer or Kern, an incoming frosh or some other alternative solves everything. It does not. WF is getting crap play from all over the offense. The point of the PFF ratings was not to defend Griffis, just that there are other areas of need right now.

This board goes around and around in circles about Griffis, as if a QB transfer or Kern, an incoming frosh or some other alternative solves everything. It does not. WF is getting crap play from all over the offense. The point of the PFF ratings was not to defend Griffis, just that there are other areas of need right now.
The difference in the game was Griffis badly missing open receivers from the 2 yard line on back to back plays that any D3 quarterback should have made. So yeah, he's a focal point.

I don't think PFF has a metric to quantify when there's a nice pocket and a QB randomly steps up 4 yards to plow into a DL who is being blocked. Maybe it has a metric to quantify the level of wide-openness a receiver is on a critical 3rd/4th down, but I also doubt it.

that's literally the type of stuff pff is designed to solve for since it's all done by humans (which is also a flaw, since they can't get paid very well and appear to be randos)

what i'm pretty sure pff doesn't do is consider leverage (e.g. a bad play on a critical 4th down is the same as any other bad plays. not sure if they consider garbage time)

the coaching staff obviously decided to go super conservative with the offense which i think paid off when you look at turnovers and the PFF grades, but not as much as far as scoring points. but hard for me to complain, we had a chance.

I actually liked the gameplan a lot and thought it was why we were in the game. If we score a TD on that first turnover where we actually were aggressive then it's a whole different game.

We were aggressive when we needed to be and played it safe when we needed to as well- we just didn't execute.

If we had one of the top 50-60 starting QBs in the country, we'd be 5-0 and fairly highly ranked. We have nothing close to that. Is Kern (or another guy on the roster) that dude? Probably not, but it sure as hell is worth a try.

Instead, we're going to keep rolling with the guy ranked 112th (up 7 spots!) in the country in QBR, notably behind Armstrong and Jurkovic who were benched and forced to switch to TE, respectively.

Back