• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (#9 CFP, #5 SOR) at UNC (UNC-2.5) 12:00 noon, ABC

Fucking defense is criminally bad. This is crazy that you can’t win with 55 points. D coordinator cannot keep their job. Not even close after this year.

If we're going to flap our gums about good to great? This asshole needs to be fired TONIGHT!!!!

It really blows to be a fan of two programs that don't play defense and have heart attack games most weeks.

Fucking defense is criminally bad. This is crazy that you can’t win with 55 points. D coordinator cannot keep their job. Not even close after this year.

But is it players or coach? Taylor stinks

As much as this really sucks, we still have a great shot at winning the ACC. This year has seen a record amount of ranked teams lose, so we aren't the only ones disappointed. Hopefully the team uses this loss as motivation going into the final 3 games

Can’t blame the offense for this one. No way. They did not play great but they scored 55 points.

UNC rushing the field against Wake Forest? Hahahahahahaha. Go Deacs.

Small consolation. Check that, zero consolation

Didn’t realize it was the DC’s fault that we bodyslam players out of bounds, slap at opposing players helmets, and arm tackle instead of wrapping up. Got it. Thanks. Maybe Joey Galloway was right. Ever think about that?

Hartman with a bit of a choke 2 years in a row vs goats. He will bounce back big next week

Sob, I have three knee surgeries and an Achilles surgery and could get 100 yards rushing on this defense!

Hartman with a bit of a choke 2 years in a row vs goats. He will bounce back big next week

Hartman had 7 total TDs and two INTs. One of which should have been a free play. I think you can point your fingers elsewhere.

Didn’t realize it was the DC’s fault that we bodyslam players out of bounds, slap at opposing players helmets, and arm tackle instead of wrapping up. Got it. Thanks. Maybe Joey Galloway was right. Ever think about that?

You clearly haven’t watched a lot of football. Sure, those idiotic penalties didn’t help, but the scheme and dropping 2-3 at the wrong times killed us on D. Hemphill makes those calls. He’s got to go.

We were not going to go undefeated. Success-wise, this game mattered least. Win next week and get that much closer.

I guess I'm getting old. I'm at peace with this loss. Going undefeated is such a massive challenge. This has been a hell of a season no matter how it ends. Proud of the Deacs.

The thing I'm most pissed off at right now is predictably getting F'ed by the ACC scheduling office and having to play this game in Chapel Hill and not Winston. That would have mattered.

Somewhat true, but he had 7 TDs. Had an opportunity to go win the game. I can’t believe we didn’t take a look to Jaquarii.

This was obviously a game everyone was excited about going into the season, but under the circumstances I hope the team really gets up for the NC State game. Could be the game that puts us into the ACC championship.

Biff maintained all week our D was horrible. Posters countered with various stats to show our D is mediocre. Biff was right.

Can’t wait for Cam to bring up the fact that we lost 3 CBs during the game and that’s why we gave up so many big plays.

It is beyond obvious at this point that we have a serious scheme issue on D. We also need a new LB coach as soon as possible.

Dude. We gave up 55 points. That falls squarely on the DC.

Back