• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (#9 CFP, #5 SOR) at UNC (UNC-2.5) 12:00 noon, ABC

Cam is playing much better defense for our defense than our defense bothers to play during games. Cam Lemons for DC?

I'll remind everyone again....LOWF. Congrats to our guys for achieving a 1 week ranking that doesn't change who we are or who we're perceived to be by everyone across the country. Our opponents don't really respect us, and never will with a performance like that on the field and the sideline. Heading to 8-4 and out of the top 25 and a middling bowl game again. Nothing important to see here. What a waste.

You're a miserable prick.

Still 8-1.

Special season definitely still possible and we know that the future may be even brighter.

Tough day, tomorrow seems okay

Cam is playing much better defense for our defense than our defense bothers to play during games. Cam Lemons for DC?

Cam has some buddy's on the team and has some weird vendetta against our highly successful offense. He has been hyping up our defense for the last couple seasons, despite them being historically awful. We have mid-90s Caldwell level defenses and that dude somehow finds ways to blame our offense.

He seemingly understands football, and I occasionally enjoy his insights, but it makes no sense that he defends our defense week in and week out.

Bottom line is the refs won the game for them.

Please, we stunk up the field the 4th quarter. Defense was non existent and when we need our offense to step up with 2:15 to play we went four and out.

Blaming the Officials is the worst look we could have. We need to blame only ourselves.

Last edited:
Things I always knew:

1) We needed to win the turnover margin - offense has avoided bad games and multiple bad mistakes for most of the year - we couldn't afford to make many mistakes in CH today
2) We needed to play a clean game - 100+ penalty yard games aren't going to get it done in shootouts
3) Our defense will struggle down the stretch - offense needs to hold serve for us to win
4) In our previous ACC Championship year we lost the games that didn't matter for the 'ship.... and still came out on top. We can do it again.

We need to beat State and BC. We can afford to lose to Clemson. Let's get back to going 1-0 next week.

Please, we stunk up the field the 4th quarter. Defense was non existent and when we need our offense to step up with 2:5 to play we went four and out.

Blaming the Officials is the worst look we could have. We need to blame only ourselves.

Yeah, the officials sucked but we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in this one. Great teams overcome bad officiating every Saturday. We're just not there yet.

In his defense, the whistle had not been blown so I could see him not being aware of where he was on the field. They blew the play dead after the tackle.

In coach speak, you have to have situational awareness, he was at the outside edge of the out of bounds stripe. No whistle needed, further he was not aware it was a lateral and almost stopped until the hole player picked ball up finally and started to run. Loss could have been bigger or even a fumble recovery.

Yeah, the officials sucked but we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in this one. Great teams overcome bad officiating every Saturday. We're just not there yet.

+1 this is my takeaway. fucking hate it because UNC.. but otoh we can still take care of business and get the ACC championship so really hoping this is a wakeup call

worried about all the injuries today though.. would have rather just lost clean with none of those

I'll remind everyone again....LOWF. Congrats to our guys for achieving a 1 week ranking that doesn't change who we are or who we're perceived to be by everyone across the country. Our opponents don't really respect us, and never will with a performance like that on the field and the sideline. Heading to 8-4 and out of the top 25 and a middling bowl game again. Nothing important to see here. What a waste.

WTF? Guys, losing to UNC sucks major balls but let's not lose every bit of perspective. Good grief.

For the longest time I thought Fusion was BFK.. basically the same poster when it came to their views of WFU football. Too bad Fusion won't take a perma bet on us going 8-4 to end the year to back up his POV like BFK did.

UNCheat held on almost every play. Did they even have one enforced holding except the meaningless extra point. In the meantime we were flagged multiple times in critical situations. Complete BS

I mean when we were up 18 if you would have said we're only gonna score 3 points on our next 4 possessions including an interception to give them the ball at our 20 yd line would you have felt at all comfortable that we still would've had the lead?

For the longest time I thought Fusion was BFK.. basically the same poster when it came to their views of WFU football. Too bad Fusion won't take a perma bet on us going 8-4 to end the year to back up his POV like BFK did.

Yeah, BKF(RIP) had the balls and the conviction to put his boards privileges on the line and stand by it.

Fusion makes a troll post and runs away.

Back