• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (#9 CFP, #5 SOR) at UNC (UNC-2.5) 12:00 noon, ABC

I mean when we were up 18 if you would have said we're only gonna score 3 points on our next 4 possessions including an interception to give them the ball at our 20 yd line would you have felt at all comfortable that we still would've had the lead?

It was fucking awful

Officiating was awful. Even the Carolina fans around me were laughing about it. The unsportsmanlike penalty that kept their drive alive was a total travesty.... Hate bitching about officials, but it was clear, the powers in charge wanted to end wakes undefeated streak and chalk this year up as a bad ACC and move on.

The interceptions were killers as well. We could have over one the officiating but those turnovers were too much

Officiating was awful. Even the Carolina fans around me were laughing about it. The unsportsmanlike penalty that kept their drive alive was a total travesty.... Hate bitching about officials, but it was clear, the powers in charge wanted to end wakes undefeated streak and chalk this year up as a bad ACC and move on.

The interceptions were killers as well. We could have over one the officiating but those turnovers were too much

I want to know if Hartman thought UNC was offsides (narrator: they were) on the second INT and he was looking downfield for something. Same on the jump ball to @Perry on the penultimate WF drive when he sort of threw it up there and UNC was offsides, again.

Those no calls were absolutely massive if Hartman thought he was getting a free play.

We were too amped and emotional the entire game. Too many mistakes too amped early equals exhausted later. Also way too many positi9n stakes on d early, then gassed late.

Hartman two years in a row has not stayed calm as he usually does. Throwing high, and the int was just awful.

After watching several UNC games this year I honestly thought their defense was worse than ours. Truly hate that I was wrong. Their defense is awful, but so is ours. Damn, this sucks. <sigh>

We were too amped and emotional the entire game. Too many mistakes too amped early equals exhausted later. Also way too many positi9n stakes on d early, then gassed late.

Hartman two years in a row has not stayed calm as he usually does. Throwing high, and the int was just awful.
NC kid Hartman gets too amped up vs UNC. Predictable but spot on analysis.

Yeah, the officials sucked but we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in this one. Great teams overcome bad officiating every Saturday. We're just not there yet.

Meh, in college sports, the great teams are the same teams every year and they are great because they get the calls. They don't have to overcome anything.

This is why college sports kinda suck.

NC kid Hartman gets too amped up vs UNC. Predictable but spot on analysis.

You mean the guy that threw for 400 and 5 tds and ran for 75 and 2 tds? Yeah, he was terrible today.

You mean the guy that threw for 400 and 5 tds and ran for 75 and 2 tds? Yeah, he was terrible today.

Despite those stats, the make up of our team dictates that he has to be better than 2 bad picks and several bad throws. It may not be fair, but it is what it is.

I mean Carolina averages about 3 and a 1/2 points a possession against Notre Dame and Miami so the odds are that after we held them to 6 points on 5 possessions that they were gonna score at least 2 touchdowns in the last 4 possessions and 3 not out of the question. And then we gave them the ball at our 20 yd line and only scored 3 points in 4 possessions. We were at risk losing the game if our offensive production fell off the cliff and it did.

Despite those stats, the make up of our team dictates that he has to be better than 2 bad picks and several bad throws. It may not be fair, but it is what it is.

True but that’s the problem. That’s what happens when you rely on your offense to score 60+ to win. 55 should be plenty. Mediocre defense and Sam is a heisman front runner.

True but that’s the problem. That’s what happens when you rely on your offense to score 60+ to win. 55 should be plenty. Mediocre defense and Sam is a heisman front runner.

Yeah its a lot to ask and I wish we didn't have that much of him.

It was clearly offsides. Also our receivers got murdered. Still you have to win up 17. Still you have to win with 55 points. Our problems are pretty well known at this point. Our defense sucks.

Exactly, he played well but missed a lot of throws.

This. You scored 55 fucking points. I’ll keep futilely posting this. It’s all on the defense. Sorry not sorry.

Still. Wake can win the acc. Obviously title is out the window but hell we could have been screwed out of that undefeated.

agree on that penalty call. officiating did suck. other things that sucked are the 4 hour games with all the commercials and us playing there 2 years in a row. just ain't right

Back