• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Rice, Friday, 9/6

Im hoping Waydale Jones gets some touches in front of his friends and family.

According to the latest forecast, the high today in Houston will be 100 at 4 pm, but it will cool down to a balmy 93 by kickoff and 85 by the end of the game.

According to the latest forecast, the high today in Houston will be 100 at 4 pm, but it will cool down to a balmy 93 by kickoff and 85 by the end of the game.

Cooler, but still warm enough for shorts.
Socks optional.

Women, of course, are encouraged to wear as little as possible.......to keep cool.

if it is indeed a blowout, will be curious to see which, if any, true frosh log a game

I fear that the weather will be a problem for us. Our conditioning will be severely tested, as will our depth. Heat also tends to impact concentration. The contest would be substantially different if played in the upper 50s instead of the upper 80s.

I fear that the weather will be a problem for us. Our conditioning will be severely tested, as will our depth. Heat also tends to impact concentration. The contest would be substantially different if played in the upper 50s instead of the upper 80s.

I could see upper 50s but doubt that we score in the upper 80s. :)

if it is indeed a blowout, will be curious to see which, if any, true frosh log a game

And a true sophomore. Clawson hasn't said a whole lot (that I've seen) on the 4 game rule. But what he's said seems to suggest he leans toward using those four games for depth later in the season than just playing experience whenever he can find it. I think he'll be more likely to play freshmen who he doesn't plan to redshirt (i.e. Rucker and Walker) and redshirted second and third stringers (i.e. Jones and Perry) instead of playing true freshmen. Clawson seems to believe he's much better off giving these true freshmen two more months of practice and letting them give us a few key snaps that could help us win against State, VT, Duke, and Cuse than just throwing guys out there when we have a lead. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of them against Elon since that's a planned blowout.

Hopefully, tonight won't be like the Caldwell days when all the o linemen were puking during the early September games:sick:

How often did they practice outside in August? I wonder how the Catapult system helps prepare for the heat and if hot practices help set baselines for individual players.

I don't see how practicing in the North Carolina summer humidity 90-plus degree weather would prepare us for this.

All this hot weather and conditioning talk. Meh.
We’re not FSU. We’ll be ready.

We’ll likely be substituting much more frequently, but, as we’ve discussed over the summer, our depth appears to be as good as it’s ever been. Think if this game was played with Wake’s second string vs Rice’s second string. Who wins?
We do......and it’s not even close.

My only concern is if they slow the game down and we have a few 3 and outs to start the game... Then we press on offense and a turnover or two makes it closer than it should be.

I'll say:
Wake Forest - 31
Rice - 17

We seem to do fine when we press on offense, if by press you mean let Newman air it out more.

Back