• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Rice, Friday, 9/6

We seem to do fine when we press on offense, if by press you mean let Newman air it out more.

Yeah, I just mean that the downside of playing at such a high tempo is that when you go 3 and out, the defense stays on the field a ton (in this case, in the heat). Rice's offense isn't going to pile up points, but if we can't get some first downs early I could see us forcing some things.

I'm just trying to think of the downside scenario... In reality, we should beat Rice easily.

I'd like to see us coming slinging with a few easy slideline throws to Surratt, some slants to Hinton. Maybe a first down deep pass. Get a lead and then pound the ball with Carney more.

I think you should be able stream from the CBS Sports App if you have CBS Sports Network. It's a Friday night college game so Reddit should have streams.

I do not have CBS Sports with my DirecTV. Last year for Tulane I did a free Hulu trial. Can't do that this year, and my wife's email is how we pay for Hulu and her plan is somehow set up where you can't really add on Hulu TV. Got my sister's Comcast log-in but looks like you have to actually be on her network for it to work.

My prediction:

Wake slogs it out in a close competition. Trailing late in the 4th quarter after getting a stop on 3rd down and fielding a punt, Jamie Newton slings the ball to Claude for a 70 yard pass where he is tackled at the 15. Wake stumbles before getting a miracle TD from Sage Surratt. Newton spittles all over the place while flexing his muscles. With a minute remaining in the game, Rice breaks off a 45 yard run where there are three missed tackles. Rice lines up for a game tying field goal and a false start penalty pushes them back. On the subsequent kick attempt, the Rice kicker stumbles on his own cleat and falls onto the ball, as time runs out.

I kid I kid. We will do this later this year.

if it is indeed a blowout, will be curious to see which, if any, true frosh log a game

I'm willing to bet Kenneth Walker finally gets to show what he's got. Clawson didn't seem to happy he fielded Beal-Smiths kick off but acknowledge he was probably eager

I do not have CBS Sports with my DirecTV. Last year for Tulane I did a free Hulu trial. Can't do that this year, and my wife's email is how we pay for Hulu and her plan is somehow set up where you can't really add on Hulu TV. Got my sister's Comcast log-in but looks like you have to actually be on her network for it to work.

YouTube TV offering 3 week free trial. Not sure if they have CBSN though. Update YTTV HAS CBSN!!!
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/youtube-tv-is-offering-an-extended-3-week-free-trial/

Last edited:
I don't know how far back the database goes on OddsShark but the aforementioned Rutgers game in 1997 is the only one that pops up for Wake as 20+ point favorites

‘08 opener at Baylor was jumping out at me but we were only -11 then.

Biggest in last 15 years was -12.5 @ Duke in ‘05

Only times we’ve been more than one score road faves in that time period

Back