• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2015

Beyond winning our last game and UVA losing, what other scenarios (if any) get us in?

In ACC action today, UVa beat Duke, GT beat Pitt, ND completed a 3 game series sweep of UNC, and Louisville beat FSU. Here are the updated standings going into Monday's NCSU @WF 7pm game (ESPNU).

1. Louisville 23-4
2. Miami 19-8
3. FSU 17-10
4. Notre Dame 15-12
5. NC State 13-12
6. Clemson 13-13
6. UNC 13-13
8. Georgia Tech 13-14
9. Virginia Tech 12-14
10. Virginia 12-15

11. Wake Forest 11-15
12. Boston College 9-17
13. Duke 8-18
14. Pitt 7-20

There are multiple scenarios that could get us in, mainly 4 wins (1 vs State, then 3 at Duke). Either UNC or UVA (or both) will finish worse than 15-15 since they play each other this week. (I don't think it's likely that we will win all of our 4 remaining ACC games, given the way we have been playing lately, but it is possible.)

After our State game tomorrow, every ACC team will have a 3 game series left to be played this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The matchups are WF @ Duke, UVa @ UNC, Louisville @ State, GT @ Miami, VT @ Pitt, ND @ BC, and Clemson @ FSU.

Last edited:
At this point it is time for the season to end peacefully after next Sunday, a slow and painful death. When the only tournament this coach can talk about is just getting into the playin game of the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament, it may be tme for him to go also. This coach has no better record than the last baseball coach that we had. I even think the prior coach had a stint in the NCAA tournament, as brief as it was, he did appear, just like Dino did.

At this point it is time for the season to end peacefully after next Sunday, a slow and painful death. When the only tournament this coach can talk about is just getting into the playin game of the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament, it may be tme for him to go also. This coach has no better record than the last baseball coach that we had. I even think the prior coach had a stint in the NCAA tournament, as brief as it was, he did appear, just like Dino did.

Perhaps. Although, it could be argued that our baseball program is where careers go to die. Until the administration commits the university to fielding consistent, winning athletic teams, I'm not sure a coaching change helps very much.

Perhaps. Although, it could be argued that our baseball program is where careers go to die. Until the administration commits the university to fielding consistent, winning athletic teams, I'm not sure a coaching change helps very much.

Boy, that is so true. We got rid of a winning coach with 3 titles and over 600 wins after he had his first losing season. Got rid of the juco program that was giving us an edge and not giving us any problems because of some bogus "curriculum" reasons [when we could bring those kids in and their parents would not have to spend 4 years of sky high tuition, but only 2 to get a degree]. With only 11.7 schollies, we need to supplement with academic monies like the others do to make it easier on the parents because now at $65k, it is going to be even tougher for the private schools, no matter what facilities you build if you don't.

So LOWF.....the bottom line during the delay on ESPNU says "Wake Forrest."

Boy, that is so true. We got rid of a winning coach with 3 titles and over 600 wins after he had his first losing season. Got rid of the juco program that was giving us an edge and not giving us any problems because of some bogus "curriculum" reasons [when we could bring those kids in and their parents would not have to spend 4 years of sky high tuition, but only 2 to get a degree]. With only 11.7 schollies, we need to supplement with academic monies like the others do to make it easier on the parents because now at $65k, it is going to be even tougher for the private schools, no matter what facilities you build if you don't.

Amen to this. Wake will not have great success in baseball as long as the JuCo policies remain like they are, as well as the limits on academic fund supplements. College baseball, more than any other sport, has a lot of good players who are also smart, go to Junior College for two years to take advantage of Major League Baseball draft eligibility rules.

Horrendous base running. Winning run would now be coming to the plate with one out.

Piss poor.

Staff still doesn't believe in trying to cut down on your swing with two strikes and putting the ball in play.

Yea didn't mention the getting two strikes by standing there and watching them right down the middle.

Makes me think that we're hoping opponents will give us runs instead of going out aggressively and creating runs.

Pretty much the season in a nutshell. No leadoff man from day 1 and there are 3 maybe 4 arms I would trust in a game. An absolutely terrible bullpen. They will rake next year but if the staff does not improve dramatically it will be a bit better record than this year.

Back