• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

was waiting when rj would make his annual contribution around this time of year on this thread. like clockwork

They are definitely behind these programs: LSU, Florida (though Florida's stadium situation is not ideal)

I would be hard pressed to put them above either of these programs also in their own conference: Mississippi State, Vandy

and Auburn, Arkansas, and a few others are knocking on their door. I think they got really fortunate in back-to-back years under a great coach, and it will be really interesting to see where they go after the past couple of down years.

Florida's fan support and stadium both suck. This why O'Sullivan may be interested in the SC job. LSU has 6 overall titles and that's why their coach makes 1.1 per year. I believe when Ray Tanner was the coach back in 2012 he was paid 750K. I am not sure how some of you look at it but SC has the 2 titles and finished runner up the next year. I think that pretty elite and the infrastructure is still there as Tanner is the AD. Oh and they average about 8K per game in attendance.

That's because Columbia is a shithole and the locals and student body are a bunch of rubes.

Miami, Cal State Fullerton, LSU, Texas maybe Zona or Zona State. USC would be top 10.

I had a case in Columbia one time and of all the cities I'd been to working cases it was the worst. And not all my cases were in garden spots.

Even the barbeque sucks in Columbia. They put some weird mustard on their barbeque which is horrendously bad.

Number of first round picks and alumni mlb success is far more important to a hs baseball recruit than CWS championships.

Miami, Cal State Fullerton, LSU, Texas maybe Zona or Zona State. USC would be top 10.

I can force myself to get behind this line of thinking....South Carolina in the top 5 seemed to be a little bit of a stretch to me. Heck, if someone randomly said "USC is a top 5 baseball program", I would think they are talking about Southern Cal before South Carolina.

There are so many biases in this type of subjective argument.

Oregon State is the favorite to win its 3rd title in 10 years, and yet, programs that they have dominated over the past 15 years (USC, Arizona State, UCLA) have been mentioned.

Zona and Zona St. don't belong. Very little in state talent.

Zona won the title in 2012 and was runner up last year.

ASU would probably be #3/#4 based on all time achievements, but gets dinged for not being in the CWS since 2010.

(Not my city) is a shithole!
(Not my school ) is a crappy school!
(Not my peer fan base) are a bunch of rubes!
(Not my preferred BBQ sauce) sucks and is a terrible color!

Good grief people . Expand your scope a bit. This is a big country and there are lots of cool things that are not in your backyard .
Note: I'm not talking about Duke and Unc... those places suck!!!!

Columbia is in Charlotte's backyard. It's our septic tank.

Good grief people . Expand your scope a bit. This is a big country and there are lots of cool things that are not in your backyard .

All valid points but Columbia, SC is pretty much universally considered a shithole. Most SCar grads will even admit it.

Agreed.

I mean I like USC and don't even mind Columbia that much, but mustard based barbecue is terrible. There's a reason that the best BBQ places in SC don't even offer it.

I'll second that

Negrepping each of you.

All valid points but Columbia, SC is pretty much universally considered a shithole. Most SCar grads will even admit it.

I mean I like USC and don't even mind Columbia that much, but mustard based barbecue is terrible. There's a reason that the best BBQ places in SC don't even offer it.

And posrepping you two.

I think we can all agree though that Greensboro is worse than Columbia.

Back