• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

Grew up in Columbia and despised the city until the last 5 or so years. It really has gotten much better. They have poured money into downtown. I am not saying it is great by any means, just simply that it is much better and I don't dread visiting my mom anymore for lack of things to do.

hah, Bifftannen really did neg rep me! I thought he was kidding.

Florida's fan support and stadium both suck. This why O'Sullivan may be interested in the SC job. LSU has 6 overall titles and that's why their coach makes 1.1 per year. I believe when Ray Tanner was the coach back in 2012 he was paid 750K. I am not sure how some of you look at it but SC has the 2 titles and finished runner up the next year. I think that pretty elite and the infrastructure is still there as Tanner is the AD. Oh and they average about 8K per game in attendance.

Yeah, O'Sullivan didn't leave UF for Texas, so he ain't goin to SC.

how do yall feel about throwing CJ Saturday night and save Parker for Sunday?

In the paper today, Walter said Dunshee Sat, Johnstone Sunday. Reserving the possiblity of using Sellers in relief.

In the paper today, Walter said Dunshee Sat, Johnstone Sunday. Reserving the possiblity of using Sellers in relief.

appreciate it. I didn't realize it had already been released until I checked BSD a few minutes ago. Also, appreciate the cordial response unlike the one above.

pretty stunning that fsu hasn't won a natty in baseball

Always a bridesmaid...21 College World Series appearances, 0 titles. 40 straight NCAA tournaments (55 total). 36 time regional hosts. 0 losing seasons in program history. It is flat out unbelievable that they haven't been able to break through and win one.

just looking at the all time college baseball world series records and some things that I thought were interesting:

Minnesota has 3 champships! That is more than the entire history of the ACC. Minnesota!
The SEC did not win the World series until 1990 when Georgia won it. They have won it 9 more times since: LSU (6), SC (2), Vandy (1)
Southern Cal has won it 12 times, but only once after 1978 and none in the 2000's.
South Carolina is number 10 in all time CWS wins (32) and 4th in all time winning percentage (.615)
The ACC is well represented in most CWS appearances without a title: FSU (21, #1) Clemson (12, #2), UNC (10, tied for #3)
The only "Cold Weather" schools that have won the CWS are Minnesota, Michigan, Holy Cross, and Ohio State with the last title being Ohio State in 1966.

Yeah not as much maneuvering of pitchers like there is in the first round where there's a potential to have to play four or five games (depending on if and when you lose your first game).

Pretty straightforward: throw your ace game one and hope you're one win from the CWS. You're able to use your bullpen accordingly from there.

Question I have is: should it come to Game 3, do we start Sellers or Colin Peluse? Peluse seems to be throwing better lately. But Peluse is a freshman and Sellers has more experience.

Sellers. He's used to starting (has done so this weekend all year), Peluse has been moved into the bullpen, and he's going to be more comfortable coming in middle of the game than Sellers. I imagine that they would be used in very similar fashion as we saw in the second WVU game if it comes to that.

Back